Sexual Abstinence Before Marriage?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2023 Book of the Month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=550484

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Sexual Abstinence Before Marriage?

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Sexual abstinence before marriage?

I agree with this explanation from the author. :tiphat: It helps avoid negative thoughts from a conflict, especially insecurities. From my own experience, it's a way of consoling myself against any doubts. Sexual abstinence also helps me in counseling, particularly with the young ladies. Usually, women are the most affected by their own wrong choices about premarital sex.
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I agree about sexual abstinence. Sadly, today's young women are under so much pressure they follow the crowd! When I was growing up it was the only way! It was the rare young woman who practiced sex outside of marriage!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Vine Michael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Vine Michael »

Now in the society, sex is seen as the norm and if you’re not doing it you are portrayed as weird. Abstinence before marriage is currently seen as crazy and for religious fanatics but it leads to a more healthy life and relationships but
Aloe Crane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aloe-crane.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by Aloe Crane »

I can partly agree with abstinence before marriage. This is only because some people are forced into it, or some younger people are not educated enough to safely have sexual intercourse. By this, I mean that everyone should have a right to choose and not be imposed upon by someone else, unless they are uneducated or a minor.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Some people, particularly young adults like myself, will not stay put with a woman without sex. I know this may sound extreme to older individuals, however, this is the norm today in many societies. I believe one should be aware of the sexual situation with a partner before jumping right into marriage.
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I agree with sexual abstinence before marriage. I believe marriage is a sacred union. Although it can and has been abused and trivialized more recently, that doesn't take away from the institution of marriage. Also I believe that sex should not be trivialized. It should be given the honour of occuring only within a matrimony.
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

Sexual abstinence before marriage is the best decision anyone can make. From being free of guilt from taking advantage of a partner to more security from being infected with sexually transmitted diseases. The most important is the spiritual privileges attached to it.
Huini Hellen
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

jeminah28 wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 02:37 Sexual abstinence before marriage?

I agree with this explanation from the author. :tiphat: It helps avoid negative thoughts from a conflict, especially insecurities. From my own experience, it's a way of consoling myself against any doubts. Sexual abstinence also helps me in counseling, particularly with the young ladies. Usually, women are the most affected by their own wrong choices about premarital sex.
I beg to differ. We are putting sex on a pedestal, completely forgetting the factors at play that influence those who have sec before marriage (voluntary). The fact that we live in a liberal world full of information that is accessible even to minors makes it quite insensitive to judge those who have sex before marriage. Ours is a society where parents release the holds on their children when they get to campus, in the pretext of adulthood.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I agree with several commenters above, I’m of an age where when I was younger, not having sex before marriage was the only way to think. If you chose to have sex before marriage, you were looked down on, judged and had lots of older adults speaking to you about your “wrong” decision. It is a better idea however, this way…you will have a very special and unique experience on your wedding night, not just another night of sex….
Jeremie Mondejar

Brenda Creech wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 11:03 I agree about sexual abstinence. Sadly, today's young women are under so much pressure they follow the crowd! When I was growing up it was the only way! It was the rare young woman who practiced sex outside of marriage!
Exactly. I always remember my granny saying that in their time, premarital sex was somewhat degrading and caused humiliation in the family if caught.
Jeremie

Jeremie Mondejar

Divine_Michael wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 18:21 Now in the society, sex is seen as the norm and if you’re not doing it you are portrayed as weird. Abstinence before marriage is currently seen as crazy and for religious fanatics but it leads to a more healthy life and relationships but
The world is changing, and it looks like this is just part of the enjoyment. Right now, only someone with high religious standards must follow virginity before marriage (almost closely). From what I learned, heard, and experienced, those who follow the old way seem to have more self-confidence than those who do not. 
Jeremie

Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

jeminah28 wrote: 05 Jan 2023, 02:42
Brenda Creech wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 11:03 I agree about sexual abstinence. Sadly, today's young women are under so much pressure they follow the crowd! When I was growing up it was the only way! It was the rare young woman who practiced sex outside of marriage!
Exactly. I always remember my granny saying that in their time, premarital sex was somewhat degrading and caused humiliation in the family if caught.
That is all very true! That's how it was when I was growing up. I base my beliefs on what I have learned as a Christian. Society might change, but God's word doesn't!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

I may be in the minority, but I think if it is voluntary and wanted by both parties, sex before marriage is completely okay. In today's society, especially with younger people, marriage is not seen as such a goal in life as in the past. Many people do not wish to be married, even if they are in long-term committed relationships.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Sexual abstinence before marriage is considered "old fashioned" today, but I think it is more prevalent than many people realize. Entertainment, news, and social media would have us believe that abstinence is no longer necessary or valid. When I look at our current society, I see a tremendous effort to bring sexual relations down to only a physical sensation that doesn't matter as long as it pleases. We have so much pressure today to discount the spiritual aspect of such an intimate relationship. We also see considerations promoted that don't take the future of the people involved into account. No matter what someone decides in terms of their sexual activity and choices, there is tremendous value in looking at the bigger picture and considering the future.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Sexual abstinence before marriage is good. The problem is that teenagers and even some adults can't see the benefit that it offers. It has been scientifically proven that women who delay sexual activity prior to marriage are more agreeable and compassionate during the marriage. Those who are not allowed to wait become augmentative and difficult during the marriage. The Bible says that we must flee from sexual immorality.

Return to “Discuss "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris”