Consequences

Use this forum to discuss the January 2023 Book of the Month, Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics by Anthony A. Morris.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=550484

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Agbata Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Consequences

Post by Agbata Charles »

Due to religious doctrines and traditions, some parents feel uneasy to discuss sex-related topics with their children. Most times they are left to learn from the consequences of their actions
Justin Christensen
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justin-christensen.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Justin Christensen »

I think that the consequences of NOT discussing sex and sexual health with children as they grow far outweigh the significance of a few uncomfortable conversations. Kids can't make good choices when they don't know what their choices are, or what the consequences of those choices are. Don't get me wrong, my kids are for sure going to make some dumb choices in their life, but they are going to do it with their eyes open dang it!
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

A person usually faces consequences when doing premarital sex or just enjoying it out of fun. Sex education is rarely taught at school, yet most people get entangled in sex. Plus, the influence right now in social media is high.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Personally, I think this topic depends on the type of thinking, or the type of person, that those who are part of raising children are. I also believe that schools should teach about them, from a prudent age, and that this be taught by capable and specialized people in the case.
Claire Twy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Claire Twy »

MichelleYong wrote: 07 Jan 2023, 01:12 Where I am at, topics about sex is generally avoided because it is deemed as "inappropriate", whether or not there is religious influence. The consequences of it is very much like what is described in the book. There is no way to have a proper discussion about sex, even in classrooms. Almost everyone is reluctant to open up. Most girls shy away from the topic and boys usually just make fun of it.
I agree, there is a stigma around sex where I live. The tweenagers, young teenagers and even parents see it as some kind of taboo topic, which is why the young aren't encouraged to have a proper, open conversation. Sometimes it can do more harm than good; with so many children having the 'ick' to talk to their parents about this, they might experiment instead, which could lead to unplanned pregnancies, STDs and so many more problems that could have been avoided.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Saima Rahman »

Tradition and culture are the main reasons why people refrain from sex education. It is very important to teach young people about it because it is primarily a health issue.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

This you mentioned has and is happening in many locales in our century. The abstainance fr sex related discussions will only end up leaving our young generations in the shadows which will do them more harm than good
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by britcott30 »

Actually it is the important that the kids know about sex ed not only from school, but also from the parents. Because it is not enough if they know just from the school, they also have to be educated from the parents’ point of view. And it should be more open if it comes from own family. Nothing to be ashamed of or shy of.
Abbie Braun
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbie-braun.html
Latest Review: City of Shards by Steve Rodgers

Post by Abbie Braun »

There are definitely negative consequences to not teaching sexual education. One of the things that I really liked about the book is that it suggested finding answers together if you didn't know the answer or if you were uncomfortable with discussing it by yourself. While i do think that it's up to the parents to ensure that their children understand sexual education, i don't think that they are always up to the job. In my family sex was very much a taboo subject. I received most of my information regarding sex from books, and later on from movies and the Internet. The information the school provided was basic at best and didn't really go over specific details. Mostly they tried to teach abstinence and i think there are things that are more important to teach then just abstinence.
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

In India, there is no discussion about sex or making out, here people think it is a vulgar thing to do, but it's not a vulgar thing, it is one of the most natural things to do. Talking about consequences, less education and knowledge brings bad consequences. Now, as a generation changes, people starting to talk or discuss about it. There are famous personalities in India, who educate people in many ways like social media, books, seminars and conducting lectures in schools.
I think if people get aware of the consequences and keep that in their mind then they will try to make it a good consequence.
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

This why a book of this kind getting to more readers is very necessary. Personally I think for Nursery and lower classes in elementary should avoid sexual discussion. Infact, it is important that parents handle the first stages of sex discussion and education so they are positively informed before they begin to get them elsewhere.
Davy Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davy-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Small Business, Big Stress: A Practical Guide to Managing the Chaos and Finding Success by Niki Reiche

Post by Davy Ifedigbo »

Sexuality is an integral aspect of human existence, and many individuals have engaged in it discreetly during periods when their parents were unaware. It is common to encounter challenges while exploring this hidden facet of life, often resulting in mistakes. Given the opportunity to rewind time, it is likely that most individuals would desire a comprehensive education on the subject. Consequently, I strongly believe in the importance of providing young people with sexual education, and the first step towards achieving this goal is open communication.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

It is best to start teaching kids about sex from the very young age. A whole lot is happening this days and parents can't totally screen what their kids see or hear. So it's better to keep them informed about basic things then progress as they age.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: 21 Hacks to ROCK your Midlife! by Cat Coluccio

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

There should be an age limit tho but I think when a child is can ask certain questions about sex with should respond with the truth.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: Reversed:A Memoir by Lois Letchford

Post by Clauson Justin »

I strongly believe that children should be taught sex education. This will help in the area of abuse too and help to set the child in the right direction. It may be a little tricky trying to get the right approach but I believe it is necessary.

Return to “Discuss "Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude: Human Ethics" by Anthony A. Morris”