Who would be your friend?

For January 2023, we will be reading biographies and/or memoirs.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Who would be your friend?

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Based on the biographies and memoirs you have read, who would you want to be friends with and who would you steer clear of?

Please share book titles when answering this question. :tiphat:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Cátia Rato
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catiarato.html
Latest Review: The Inmate by Alan P. Woodruff

Post by Cátia Rato »

I would absolutely love to meet Witold Pilecki, from The Volunteer: The True Story of the Resistance Hero who Infiltrated Auschwitz.

But I would steer clear of Thordis Elva from South of Forgiveness. I love her courage, and how strong she is, but I'm unable to relate to her hardships properly, which makes me not friend material :)
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Cátia Rato wrote: 21 Jan 2023, 18:56 I would absolutely love to meet Witold Pilecki, from The Volunteer: The True Story of the Resistance Hero who Infiltrated Auschwitz.

But I would steer clear of Thordis Elva from South of Forgiveness. I love her courage, and how strong she is, but I'm unable to relate to her hardships properly, which makes me not friend material :)
The Volunteer: The True Story of the Resistance Hero who Infiltrated Auschwitz sounds like an amazing book. I'm adding it to my TBR.

Oh my goodness South of Forgiveness also sounds amazing. I've also added this one to my TBR list! I can see what you mean about not being able to relate to her. I think I would find it difficult, as well, but I am very interested in her story.

Thank you for sharing!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “January 2023 Genre Discussion”