Relentless

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Brian Ruguru
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicroy.html
Latest Review: Sunshine Snow Snowbird by Kenneth Bainey

Re: Relentless

Post by Brian Ruguru »

Jack King 2 wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 11:13 As I read further in the authors background definitely adds validity and proof that his advice can be put into practice and can be successful whilst also still being attainable.
In addition, he gives advice based on his experiences. Meaning, it is something he has had to overcome. His advices are what I'd call "Authentic Advises."
Brian Ruguru
Currently Reading:

Post by Brian Ruguru »

Yulisa Sanchez wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 07:39 What is most enlightening to me about Hansen's life is how he started from the bottom and rose to success. He took lessons from his dad at a young age to heart and knew the value of hard work and dedication. "Never give up, no matter what" is a great motto to live by and it inspires others when we see it actually works.
Speaking of rising to success, I enjoyed how he gave his ups and downs and his failures at some point in life. He was molded by his failed attempts, and over time, success came knocking on his door from his resilience and hard work.
Brian Ruguru
Currently Reading:

Post by Brian Ruguru »

Natasha Hlongwane wrote: 11 Feb 2023, 08:18 One of the best books for self-development. I think anyone would finish this book with newfound confidence in pursuing their goals relentlessly. Highly inspirational.
I think this is one book where any reader will resonate with at least one experience or gain some knowledge and confidence on how to start afresh. Sometimes, change is as good as rest.
Brian Ruguru
Currently Reading:

Post by Brian Ruguru »

At some point in the book, bankruptcy is discussed. I would love to know if any reader resonated with that segment, especially from personal experiences. If so, how was it for you?
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

NicRoy wrote: 14 Feb 2023, 10:42
Jack King 2 wrote: 12 Feb 2023, 11:13 As I read further in the authors background definitely adds validity and proof that his advice can be put into practice and can be successful whilst also still being attainable.
In addition, he gives advice based on his experiences. Meaning, it is something he has had to overcome. His advices are what I'd call "Authentic Advises."
Agreed and it’s often practical and fees achievable as well, which is often not the case in this type of book.
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
Phoebe Felix
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoebe-felix.html
Latest Review: Dark Agendas of Power by Kevin Glenn

Post by Phoebe Felix »

Relentless perfectly captured the story of Mark Victor Hansen. He had so many things that posed as obstacles to him. However he braved them all
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

Shillah Andeso wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 09:04 I love this book. It seems to say, "you can do it if you believe in yourself". I would love for other people to read this book. So inspirational.
This was exactly my thought when reading this book! I have already recommended it to a couple of friends and I really do believe that statement; "You can do it, if you believe in yourself."
Hannah Hampton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-hampton.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Knowledge by Terence H.Young

Post by Hannah Hampton »

I really like it when successful people give context for their lives. Reading about their childhood and early ambitions are always so inspiring! It makes them seem like real people, and not just icons.
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

Alex Reeves wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 11:29 I'm not very clear with the "chicken for the soul" expression, and I hope someone can enlighten me on this. Anyone?
My understanding of the concept is that a lot of Americans drink chicken soup when they are sick to feel better. In a similar sense, people turn to comforting stories to feel better in their minds. Therefore, Mark and his partner compare their selection of comfort stories to chicken soup in a sense that these stories are meant to provide comfort to a soul that may feel mentally worn out.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

I think the title was perfect and I enjoyed the lessons that came with this book. First from the title I think it's good to be relentless and nothing is hard to achieve so far as we put in our mind and attention to achieving it.
Nganyi Humphrey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nganyi-humphrey.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Nganyi Humphrey »

Any book about self-development is an encouragement for me to read it. The takeaways after each chapter are a good guide.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

One of the books that inspire me, indeed! I found Mark's success an inspiration to many who dream high and still find their passion and purpose. His hard work and perseverance will motivate individuals to attain what their hearts desire. I enjoyed this awesome book!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

The author seems to have relentlessly run after what he desired and achieved it. Great lessons for those who want to achieve good things as it takes patience and perseverance.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

The title of the book is very apt. It's in tandem with the entire concept of the book and the person of Mark Hansen. His relentlessness is the greatest lesson from the book.
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

I have mentioned that there are so many things about the book which I like. First I think the title Relentless resonates with the general notion in this book. Also, the book cover is eye catching. Then the content and message itself is great. Overall this is an enjoyable read with lessons and motivation.

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”