Relentless

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Abdul-Malik Hassan
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Linnea Tanner
Currently Reading: How to jumpstart your faith in 21 days!
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-malik-hassan.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 79732

Re: Relentless

Post by Abdul-Malik Hassan »

This book captures the reader’s attention in marvelous ways. Learning from both Mark’s successes and failures creates a unique and profound awareness intellectually. Mark was not only a successful public speaker and entrepreneur, but also an author, family man, and a loving husband. Such attributes are the ones which shape the greatness of a particular individual. I really appreciate what I’ve learned throughout the course of this novel.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

The stories in the book offer collected wisdom on love, parenting, education, mortality, overcoming obstacles, and the highest human virtues that we all share, including compassion, grace, forgiveness, generosity, and faith. It is a wonderful book to read.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

I've never had a book speak to me in such a manner before. The messages were clear and straight to the point; you can achieve what ever it is that you have put your mind towards achieving. And honestly, I have admired the author's relentless nature.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Joanna Olson wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 17:05
Alex Reeves wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 11:29 I'm not very clear with the "chicken for the soul" expression, and I hope someone can enlighten me on this. Anyone?
I am also curious about this! Does it have something to do with the idea that chicken soup is good for you? So maybe the book is good for you as well?
This is a book series named "Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mark Victor Hansen. I remember someone had gifted me one of those books when I was younger. And I was truly touched by the stories in it.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Zainab Wasif »

Relentless is one word that describes Mark Victor Hansen’s personality, the best. He owned, faced and fought his failures and setbacks head-on.
His failures did not deter him from his journey towards excellence.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

I love self-help books, where the author shares his experiences with the reader, it's always inspiring and motivating. And the book Relentless is a fantastic self-help book.
Helen Akoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

The title itself draws readers who like self-development and achievement to this book. Mark relentlessly chased his dreams and achieved them. The book contains timeless reminders for those who want dreams if they persist long enough.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

This is a book that had to be written. It is inspirational and raw. It is packed with lessons from Mark's successes and failures. I enjoyed it.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Relentless is a great title for this novel, in my opinion. We are surrounded by so many unfavorable forces that say we are unlikely to succeed. We also experience self-doubt and a lack of tenacity. This book is an excellent illustration of how someone can be his own best friend, coach, and cheerleader.
Joyjim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjim.html
Latest Review: Leora's Letters by Joy Neal Kidney

Post by Joyjim »

There is no shortcut to success. Hard work coupled with discretion often pays off at the end. Mark's efforts were not in vain.
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

It's important to remember that success is not a destination but a journey. It requires relentless effort, perseverance, and determination to keep pushing forward in the face of adversity. Whether it's dealing with setbacks, failures, or criticism, we need to develop a mindset of resilience and tenacity.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Meghan Sica wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 14:00 The author created this very personal biography of Mark Victor Hansen's intense focus on personal improvement and achievement. Travel with Mark on his journey through this story which gives great insight to his inner workings and personal drive. A must read for anyone looking for books on self-development!
The author did a great job in writing this biography. A lot of research was done and I like that there are testaments of people who know Mark V. Hansen. The photos are also a bonus. The book is well-written and well-structured. It is fascinating and offers great life lessons. I would recommend it to all readers, young and old alike.
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Agbata Trust »

This book is best for the season. The title is so encouraging and comforting. I am glad I came across it. This book also contains life themes that would intrigue every reader.
Maileyrom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maileyrom.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Maileyrom »

Kayla Archer wrote: 10 Feb 2023, 21:17 I thought this was intriguing. I never would have sought this book out in the library, so I'm glad it's the book of the month. I walked away respecting Mark more at the beginning of his life, but feeling like he became a bit entitled at the end. The more success he received, the more entitled he became. That's just my take.
It happened to me the same! :) I am glad this was proposed as book of the month, otherwise I would have never read it.
"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself" George Bernard Shaw
Samantha Barnes 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-barnes-3.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Samantha Barnes 3 »

This book was a fantastic read and truly was "chicken soup for the soul." There were many great lessons about perseverance and the power of being relentless.

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”