What do you think about Mark's latest project?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Re: What do you think about Mark's latest project?

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

Mark's new venture is very philanthropic and has a nice foundation that is aimed at helping the most amount of people. I especially like that Mark uses his personal experience and knowing how hard it was for him to get his first book published in order to ease that transition for others. I also agree that some people have difficulty in writing but have great ideas and thus, having ghostwriters fill that gap. As long as it's an equally beneficial transaction, then it's a win-win in the end.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I agree. Everything's great and fine except for the ghostwriting services. This part of the project screams deceit and fraud. Instead, I suggest that the ghostwriting services are replaced with a set of services ranging from proofreading help to outright step-by-step guidance offered to new authors.
Helen Akoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

Business-wise, I don't think ghostwriting is bad at all. Some authors have the idea, but since writing, publishing, and promoting a book can be quite involving, leaving it at the hands of experts can lift the pressure off the client, while at the same time reaping the benefits of being an author. I think the author's project is a noble undertaking in that regards for aspiring writers.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

I think the library is a great idea. I also have mixed feelings about ghostwriters, however, it is at the end of the day a choice for both the person with the ideas and also for the writer. For the ghostwriter, it might be a stepping stone to some day publishing their own book. So I think it's a great idea if it can benefit both parties.
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 544
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

I think Mark's latest project, Mark Victor Hansen's library, is an idea worth paying attention to. I like that the author, based on his own experience when publishing the book, wants to make the initial steps easier for new authors.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I view Mark Victor Hansen's latest project as a generous way to help aspiring writers get their books published, so they don't have to struggle the way that he did when he first started out. He is a good man who is trying to give a hand to his fellow writers. It's a terrific way to give back.

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”