Have you discovered your "superstar talent" yet ?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Claire Twy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-twy.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Re: Have you discovered your "superstar talent" yet ?

Post by Claire Twy »

Olga Markova wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 13:05 One of the takeaways of Chapter 2, which tells the story of Mark and his friends having become the second "Beatles", is that "everyone has at least one superstar talent within them, but you won't discover it if you don't try." I am reasonably successful in my profession but I think my superstar talent is caring for dogs. Because this is what actually makes me tick - once I spot a stray dog in the street, everything else becomes secondary... Have you discovered your superstar talent yet?
I don't think it's 'superstar' but I am grateful for the numerous experiences in my life which have allowed me to become mentally tough. Having been a national athlete while still studying in a high pressure system, I often have to make sacrifices to balance my sport and studies. I have struggled immensely under pressure and faced injuries that hindered both those aspects of my life. Moreover, I always put a lot of stress on myself to do the best that I can do all the time, which often results in mental breakdowns. However, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I am grateful for these challenges, which have allowed me to grow and now in this new phase of life, I am confident that my mental strength will see me through almost any obstacle.
Samantha Barnes 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-barnes-3.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Samantha Barnes 3 »

Although I have tried many things and intend to try many more, I do not believe I have found my "super star" talent yet. Hopefully, this will change in the future!
Andrada Madalina
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Post by Andrada Madalina »

I think my super talent is to make crafts from any old thing that others find useless. I like to DIY at home, and this also has many advantages: I recycle my old things and save money that I would have spent on new things. Also, I love to decorate the house with things I make.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

It's quite disturbing for me that at my age, I am yet to discover my super power. That might be largely because I try my hands on a lot of things and I seem to be good at all of the things I do. Picking what my superpower is something I have not taken time to ponder on.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I would have to say my super talent is cooking. I am amazed at the various techniques, ingredients, and cooking tools available to create tasty meals. Everyone I've cooked for so far loves my food.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP

Samantha Barnes 3 wrote: 02 May 2023, 16:51 Although I have tried many things and intend to try many more, I do not believe I have found my "super star" talent yet. Hopefully, this will change in the future!
I really hope you find your talent, Samantha. I do believe we have talents in all of us. Many are undiscovered talents.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP

Meghan Sica wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 10:30 I think I have discovered my super star talent. Although, I have attempted to master many different things. I thoroughly enjoy painting. And while I do have a lot to improve on, I think it is one of my best attributes.
That’s amazing Meghan! I’ve recently developed a love for coloring. My friend loves to draw, so she draws me pictures and I color them. It’s very relaxing and I’m amazed how beautiful they turn out, some of them like paintings.
Naghma Qureshi
Currently Reading: The Whole-Brain Child
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naghma-qureshi.html
Latest Review: Odonata The Flying Jewel of Maiden Grass Pond by Barbara Gervais Ciancimino

Post by Naghma Qureshi »

I believe I have actually found out my superstar talent. I started learning a therapy technique for self-help and to help my family, and I had no willingness to take on therapy as a career. But, as I got deeper into it, I found that I am great at providing a safe space to my clients. It was only because of the feedback I got, and the satisfaction that comes after helping, I decided I am really good at it and I should continue helping people as a professional.
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

My superstar talent is dancing. I've participated in dancing competitions and I always come out tops. So yes, I've discovered my superstar talent. I only need the platform to showcase that.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I was an educator for thirty years, and I think that my superstar talent is teaching. I was consistently told by administrators, staff members, colleagues, parents, and students that I was a gifted teacher or their favorite teacher. I will share two quotes: One principal said, "You are the consummate professional teacher." And at her retirement party, a respected colleague of mine pulled me aside and said, "You are the epitome of a Christian school teacher." I will always treasure those affirming words.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I have discovered my super talent but pursuing it is very difficult or maybe I don't want to? Well, I hope I thought one day.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Dalia Chf »

Olga Markova wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 13:05 One of the takeaways of Chapter 2, which tells the story of Mark and his friends having become the second "Beatles", is that "everyone has at least one superstar talent within them, but you won't discover it if you don't try." I am reasonably successful in my profession but I think my superstar talent is caring for dogs. Because this is what actually makes me tick - once I spot a stray dog in the street, everything else becomes secondary... Have you discovered your superstar talent yet?
I think my “superstar talent” is something that impacts me negatively. I’m naturally a very closed off person, I tend to not share, or rather share with very few people. However, everyone always tells me that I have a face that inspires calm, so everyone feels comfortable confiding in me.

So yeah, my superstar talent is making people feel better because I’m a good listener

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”