Have you discovered your "superstar talent" yet ?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Olga Markova
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The Cursed by Beth Schluter

Have you discovered your "superstar talent" yet ?

Post by Olga Markova »

One of the takeaways of Chapter 2, which tells the story of Mark and his friends having become the second "Beatles", is that "everyone has at least one superstar talent within them, but you won't discover it if you don't try." I am reasonably successful in my profession but I think my superstar talent is caring for dogs. Because this is what actually makes me tick - once I spot a stray dog in the street, everything else becomes secondary... Have you discovered your superstar talent yet?
Jack King
Favorite Book: Specter of the Past
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-king.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jack King »

Olga Markova wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 13:05 One of the takeaways of Chapter 2, which tells the story of Mark and his friends having become the second "Beatles", is that "everyone has at least one superstar talent within them, but you won't discover it if you don't try." I am reasonably successful in my profession but I think my superstar talent is caring for dogs. Because this is what actually makes me tick - once I spot a stray dog in the street, everything else becomes secondary... Have you discovered your superstar talent yet?
Maybe super power is an exaggeration but I have always found it easy to fit in and make people from all walks of life feel comfortable and engage in conversation. Some of that I think is due to my large range and understanding of all sorts of topics that makes it easy to connect with someone.
We've longed to see the roses, but never felt the thorns
And bought our pretty crowns, but never paid the price
Find me in the river, find me there
Find me on my knees with my soul laid bare
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

Oh well, I never knew I could barb as a lady lol. I only discovered that talent during the COVID-19 lockdowns.
And surprisingly, it looks so good that my hubby doesn't want to use his barber again.
Meghan Sica
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-sica.html
Latest Review: House of Hoops by June Gillam

Post by Meghan Sica »

I think I have discovered my super star talent. Although, I have attempted to master many different things. I thoroughly enjoy painting. And while I do have a lot to improve on, I think it is one of my best attributes.
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Nutmeg of Consolation
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I've since retired from the workforce (Halleluiah!), but I did find that I had a superstar talent when I was in management and leadership positions. I could listen to the hopes and desires of those who worked with and for me and, consequently, recognize the greatness behind those desires, even though they might not see it in themselves. I challenged them to go beyond their comfort zones, and today, many are highly successful. I became, to them, the guy who gave them a chance. Knowing that I had, even if just a little something to do with giving them the right nudge at the right time, has been, and will continue to be, highly satisfying.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

It's great to hear that you have identified your passion for caring for dogs, and it's wonderful that you are able to pursue it even if it's not your profession. Discovering our superstar talent can take time and requires exploration, experimentation, and a willingness to step outside our comfort zones.

I haven't found mine yet.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

My superstar talent has to be driving. I drive so well that I believe I can compete in a formula 1 competition and do so well.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

It's sad but I have not really discovered mine. However, I have an idea of what it might be and this book was a great guide to helping me realise this. Kudos to the author for this great book.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

I know what I want my superstar talent to be: writing. But, at this point, I can't say that; I will work harder to achieve that goal. So for the moment, my superstar talent is my imagination.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

I have always loved basketball so much. I was passionate and good at it so maybe it was my superstar talent when i was younger. But I would say it is writing. I own a personal development and relationship advice blog and I like to write articles that would help people in their everyday struggle and life.
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Kirsi Cultrera
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

I am not quite sure what my superstar talent is... :eusa-think: I know I love writing and can get lost in the flow for a long time, but creating a new text is always also very painful, almost like giving birth... :lol: What gives me great pleasure, though, is to lift up other people, so maybe I should consider that as a superstar talent?
Kirsi
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I agree with Mark. I think my superstar talent is making use of material around me for a better use. For digital skills, I love using colors to do lovely stuffs.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1887
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

I think my superstar talent is the art of writing. I dream of composing a masterpiece work in the field of literature in the form of writing a book. I try to discover my inherent skill of writing through wide reading as well as writing articles.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

My superstar talent would be relating with people more and them having a comfort to be open to me about anything. I also know how to push people to achieve their greatest, which is not something just anyone can do.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Yeah .. I have discovered something that I even try to argue with myself about. That is, in-depth, I care for stray individuals. Asides, I have a question: what if you have more than one super talent?

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”