Have you discovered your "superstar talent" yet ?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Re: Have you discovered your "superstar talent" yet ?

Post by Yasmine M »

I didn't find my superstar talent and I am still looking. I am wondering if that is true, do we all have that talent? I guess I will keep on trying things until I see it.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

This is an interesting question! I am yet to find my superstar talent but I will definitely be on the lookout in the future. I guess I will jut have to try numerous things until I find the one that I am really good at. Definitely food for thought.
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by britcott30 »

Yes, actually I have found my superstar talent since I was a kid. It is singing. But….. there will always have a big rock called anxiety, because I would be very nervous when all eyes from strangers will focused on me. So I never continue my talent and hobby.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I am still trying to figure out what my favorite talent is, never mind super talent. I am focusing on my writing skills as I believe it's the 'it' for me but only time will tell I suppose.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

I'd deem my artistic skills as my "superstar talent", although I also feel this can be anything, from a rare human quality to something tangible like talents.
Joyjim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyjim.html
Latest Review: Leora's Letters by Joy Neal Kidney

Post by Joyjim »

Yes, I believe I have. That is drawing portraits. I could even forget food exists while drawing.
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

Everyone has unique talents and strengths. However, it can take time to discover them. It's normal to try different things and explore various interests before finding what truly resonates with you. As for me, I can't say I have found my superstar talent yet.
Olivia Bird Whitworth
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-bird-whitworth.html
Latest Review: This May Be Difficult to Read by Claire Rubman

Post by Olivia Bird Whitworth »

Olga Markova wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 13:05 One of the takeaways of Chapter 2, which tells the story of Mark and his friends having become the second "Beatles", is that "everyone has at least one superstar talent within them, but you won't discover it if you don't try." I am reasonably successful in my profession but I think my superstar talent is caring for dogs. Because this is what actually makes me tick - once I spot a stray dog in the street, everything else becomes secondary... Have you discovered your superstar talent yet?
I don't know if I have a superstar talent, but I know I want mine to be "being a mom" because I love it so much. Ever since I was little I wanted to grow up to be just like my mom, and now I finally have the chance to have babies and raise my kids. Most of the time, I love it! And I even get to stay at home with them!
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The Cursed by Beth Schluter

Post by Olga Markova »

Olivia Whitworth wrote: 25 Mar 2023, 14:26 I don't know if I have a superstar talent, but I know I want mine to be "being a mom" because I love it so much. Ever since I was little I wanted to grow up to be just like my mom, and now I finally have the chance to have babies and raise my kids. Most of the time, I love it! And I even get to stay at home with them!
That is very interesting, Olivia - I can appreciate the passion even though when I was a child, all my dolls were collecting dust and I was playing only with animal toys and I still remember all their names. Of all animal toys, my biggest collection was dogs. And my dad and I kept conspiring to get various animals and risking tantrums and eviction from my mum once she overheard :). And once I got to live on my own, I am rejoicing in my animal kingdom - my nine rescue dogs (and that is not the limit!), a rescue cat, a dozen pet-only chickens, and a few dozen dogs to visit at the shelter where I help! Bliss all in all! :)
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I think I have a couple; writing and loom-knitting. I love to "think outside the box" and I think it really shows in these two areas.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Billboards Across America by D.J. Parsons

Post by Kendal Low »

I haven't found mine yet I don't think, but I am only 21 so that's not an issue for me. I think I have a lot of time to figure it out! :)
Eva Nyaburi
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

I still haven't discovered my superstar talent and have been afraid that i might not actually have any for a very long time. Hopefully, I get to know what it is.
Helen Akoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

Honestly, I am still on the path of self-discovery. I haven't realized my superstar yet. But most of the time I wonder, I do find a lot of satisfaction in showing people new things. In such occasions I find myself immersed in the desmostration in an animated, trance-like state, and I also do go on and on until I
have to remind myself that maybe I should stop. Can that be my superstar?
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

Timothy Rucinski wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 16:20 I've since retired from the workforce (Halleluiah!), but I did find that I had a superstar talent when I was in management and leadership positions. I could listen to the hopes and desires of those who worked with and for me and, consequently, recognize the greatness behind those desires, even though they might not see it in themselves. I challenged them to go beyond their comfort zones, and today, many are highly successful. I became, to them, the guy who gave them a chance. Knowing that I had, even if just a little something to do with giving them the right nudge at the right time, has been, and will continue to be, highly satisfying.
This is amazing, I am sure all those people appreciated that. I aspire to be this person to some, I think in the leadership world, so many people shut others down due to their own ego. It's quite refreshing to see the ones that encourage and help, even support others to grow. I believe my gift is along the same lines; seeing the good in others.
Shanesha Sammerson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

I would say my superstar talent is helping children who are in need educationally. I also feel comfortable with administrative tasks. I thrive in these two fields.

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”