What's your favorite moment from the book?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
RJ Reviews
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Re: What's your favorite moment from the book?

Post by RJ Reviews »

My favorite moments are Mark's childhood adventures with his brothers! Particularly when two of them 'traveled the world' to reach their father's bakery. The humorous way it was written made me laugh. The other mischievous acts are so endearing too.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Oleabhiele Joseph
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oleabhiele-joseph.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Oleabhiele Joseph »

I realized that the Bible, and Mark Hansen’a Christian faith is mentioned multiple times throughout the book. Does this diminish its target audience, or is it still widely suitable to all religious backgrounds? What do you think?
“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome, 161 AD -180 AD

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”