Question for Kindle owners

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Abbigael4482
Favorite Author: L.J. Shen
Currently Reading: Shades of Wicked
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B07TMJ1R3X
fav_author_id: 39249

Re: Question for Kindle owners

Post by Abbigael4482 »

aruntr2001 wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 07:57 Does kindle support colour display? I have seen some photographs of kindle in which the book cover is displayed in colour. Can somebody tell me which versions of kindle support coloured display?
Yes of course! I have the kindle fire 8 generation and it's almost like having a mini smart tv. I will have to admit the power dying is a drag. It always happens right when I'm in the middle of a book! Another con is that the screen does give you headaches if you stare at it to long. So it really depends if your a long period of time reader or a here and there one.
Sararob06
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sararob06.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Sararob06 »

You can get free books through Amazon which is my preference but I’ve also used overdrive. I’ve heard good things about bookbub but I’ve never used it.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

When you buy a book from a kindle price, is it considered a promotional price as well?
Ashlee Atkins
Favorite Book: Blindsided
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ashlee Atkins »

I definitely agree that Amazon is the best place to find free books for your Kindle; however, if you are a quick reader, I would suggest subscribing to Kindle Unlimited where you can get any book for free!
Badmusjamiu44
Favorite Book: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Badmusjamiu44 »

Amazon is simply the best with kindle
Ilze_ko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-ko.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Ilze_ko »

I am using Bookbub to check free books, if any catches my eye, select amazon and download for free. There are a lot of great deals!
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Will of the World
Bookshelf Size: 2286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Shot Not Heard Around the World by Charlie damitz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 17%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

Amazon has lot of permanently free books and temporally free ones. I have search for free fantasy and sci-fi book bookmarked and check it once in a while. Managed to grab some popular books that way.

Also libraries if you have access to some that offer e-books for kindle. For 50$ per year Queens Public library even offers international membership with acces to ebooks, just in case someone here is not from USA.
Jennifer Shalton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Jennifer Shalton »

I would watch for kmstuff your kindle days also just searching for free books in whatever genre you want and getting whatever you want. Iv gotten over 300 plus free books the last 2 months just doing that.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”