Kindle Prime: Good or Bad?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
LynnHardy
Currently Reading: Courts of heaven
Bookshelf Size: 10

Kindle Prime: Good or Bad?

Post by LynnHardy »

I've been looking into the Kindle Prime options, both as a reader and as an author. As a reader, well, to me, the 2nd day shipping isn't worth the $80 a year, but they are also offering one free Kindle book a month.

Anyone part of Kindle Prime - as a reader or an Author? What's your take on it?
b_marie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by b_marie »

I do not like it. Some people can only afford the free books. When they find one there's always the prime price and then the amount you have to pay.
CharlesFudgemuffin
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Favorite Book: A Time To Kill
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by CharlesFudgemuffin »

As far as I'm aware if you sign up for Kindle Prime in the UK you don't even get the free monthly books, so to me it really doesn't seem worth it for any UK based amazon customers.
Stellabelle87

Post by Stellabelle87 »

I personally love Amazon Kindle Prime. Besides the usefulness of the free 2 day shipping, there are usually many free books to choose from on Prime. I find it to be very worth the money with all you can get for free. If you're worried about the cost, you can also look into a trail version to try it out for free and sometimes Amazon has promotions for discounted Prime Rates. I couldn't live without Amazon and the Prime feature is great because I often read books I normally wouldn't because they were free on Prime.
CHRIS1380

Post by CHRIS1380 »

I like the prime program . I find the fast shipping to work out really well- a major plus for last minute holiday shoppers. I enjoy the large selection of authors, it seems I always find something new to read . Prime also gives you access to free movies and tv shows The only downside I have found is I wish you could read and return as many books as you like in a month.
KrystenRB

Post by KrystenRB »

I love the prime membership as well because of the free books and the free kid channels and such. i have a three year old and he loves to watch dora and such on it for free.
lbrude

Post by lbrude »

I just started my trial version of prime. hoping that it pays off for me.
BrittanyEdwards
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittanyedwards.html

Post by BrittanyEdwards »

I love my prime membership. I love that the shipping is 2 day. I shop on amazon a lot though. I also love that you get a free book every month.
sybil1reader
Favorite Author: All crime authors
Favorite Book: Too Many to name
Currently Reading: CJ Lyons
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sybil1reader.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Post by sybil1reader »

I love Prime. I shop quite a bit on Amazon with points from my credit cards and I love the free shipping. I also enjoy being able to read a free book although I wish it could be more than one per month. There are a few books that I ended up purchasing because I was able to read one in a series for free or because I liked an author that I never would have read otherwise.
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
Gloriannes
Favorite Author: John Lange
Favorite Book: Gor Heart of Darkness Alamut
Currently Reading: Fever and Rise of the red shadow
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloriannes.html
Latest Review: "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 8763

Post by Gloriannes »

sybil1reader wrote:I love Prime. I shop quite a bit on Amazon with points from my credit cards and I love the free shipping. I also enjoy being able to read a free book although I wish it could be more than one per month. There are a few books that I ended up purchasing because I was able to read one in a series for free or because I liked an author that I never would have read otherwise.
Hi Sybil1reader,

have you seen the free movies too? there are so many fun prim perks, it's so worth it...I'm only pointing out what I love to keep me busy.

Glori
Latest Review: "Brother Willy's Traveling Salvation Show" by W. Scott Mitchell
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

When I first got my kindle it had the prime. when the trial was up I never renewed it. I don't think there is any reason I should pay to have it. :lol:
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

Between the free shipping, The free books to read on my paper white, and movies and music for my Fire tablet. I feel like I am getting a pretty good deal. Just had an email from them that they had added some music to it too.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Nicola Barrios

Post by Nicola Barrios »

I have had Kindle prime for two years now and love it. Not only are there lots of prime offers at lower prices but you can borrow a book for free monthly. Also if you use Amazon the free shipping is great!!!
caryjr73
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 333
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caryjr73.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Island by Amit Offir

Post by caryjr73 »

I have no complaints about Prime, but it depends on how you are planning to use it. I keep track of how often I use the 2-day shipping, watch a movie, or grab a free book to make sure that I am getting my monies worth. For the last 3 years I have.
dheyd
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dheyd.html

Post by dheyd »

For me, Prime is worth it. I'm constantly ordering from Amazon (love the free shipping), downloading books at a lower price, streaming seasons of shows that I've missed and so much more.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”