To Kindle or not to Kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Crossroads by Andrew Slac
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Re: To Kindle or not to Kindle?

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I have a Kindle 4th generation. I suggest that going to the touch version or paperwhite as mine did not come with a way to increase screen brightness.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
snr326
Currently Reading: The Alice Network
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by snr326 »

I used to have a kindle a long time ago (probably 8 years) and I really did love it because they're so lightweight and you don't have to lug a book around with you everywhere you go. There's also the liberty of having multiple books if you like to read more than one at a time, or when you finish one you can immediately start the next one. I didn't love having a kindle, though, ultimately because I'm the type of person who likes actually flipping the pages of the book and seeing how many pages are left. I find it so satisfying when I get to the last page and finally finish a long book.
JaimeAlfonzo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaimealfonzo.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JaimeAlfonzo »

I used to have a Kindle Touch, it was an useful tool. I loved it, but then when Amazon discontinue this model, it began to have issues. I do not like when somebody put pressure on you to buy another gadget, for that reason now i use Linux instead that Windows.
Nnlibby
Currently Reading: Memoirs of the Senator's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnlibby.html
Latest Review: Blood Red Moon by Lee Roberts
Reading Device: B0794Z55CH

Post by Nnlibby »

I was gifted a Kindle Fire 8 tablet. I love it. I not only use it for reading books but for game apps and the internet. It's great for my Dr. appts. I can read on the go.
Gotta Book
Favorite Book: The Nickel Boys
Currently Reading: Godshot
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gotta-book.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B07X4GF8HS

Post by Gotta Book »

I have two kindles, an early model and a fire. Love them both and they both still work great.....but then I got an iPad and installed the kindle app on it. It’s my e-reader and computer combined. I only use my laptop about once a month when I need to do financial stuff. My iPad goes everywhere with me. My books, games, email, everything. Love it. 😍
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

I have a Kindle Paperback. I won it as a Christmas present two years ago and it was one of the best and most useful gifts I ever received. You can carry it anywhere and the screen is way better for reading than a phone. Would totally recommend.
Mwright22
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mwright22 »

i have enjoyed greatly the Kindle app you can get on Iphone or Ipad, always is available and you can purchase books very easily on it
Toni Ramsey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Toni Ramsey »

I have a kindle fire I love it , I'm able to read search the internet shop whatever in need to do
AlexDove
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AlexDove »

I have been using a Kindle 10th generation (2019 release) for the last five months and I'm very happy with it! Good if you want something basic, just for reading. There's no glare like you'd get from a glass screen, easy on the eyes, looks like the page of a paper book. I used to have a kindle fire that could browse the web etc but I rarely used it, mostly just read books, plus the lit screen hurt my eyes after a few hours of reading. So for anyone looking for a small, thin, and very lightweight ereader I would recommend getting a generic Kindle. Also fits in my purse, very portable!
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samuel Windybank »

I really want a kindle, but like most people here I really don’t know which one to get. I want it for the sole purpose of reading. I definitely want one with some sort of adjustable screen brightness, though. For when I’m on planes etc...(whenever that happens again 😓)

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”