Kids too young?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
gina_rae73
Favorite Book: Wasting Time
Currently Reading: The Poe Consequence
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gina-rae73.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Kids too young?

Post by gina_rae73 »

For years I debated getting a Kindle and my mother recently got the kids version of Kindle for my 5 year old son. She didn't consult me or my husband about it and then bought one for our 4 year old son. My husband and I think she shouldn't have wasted nearly $200 on something my kids are both too young for. They played ABC Mouse and PBS Kids on it for moment but then found YouTube. They throw a fit when the time is up for the day. It's caused issues within my family so I wanted to ask everyone on the forum, do you think a 4 (3 @ time of purchase) and 5 year old are too young? Any tips on how to regulate the situation?
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

If they have a timelimit( have them set an alarm on the device they’re using) and also onlyeducational games or reading books for now because of their age. Maybe if they are giving you a hard time because they want to stay on the device, offer a reward every time they do the right thing and listen
Badmusjamiu44
Favorite Book: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Badmusjamiu44 »

Kid's are not too young to use kindle so far there are books for kid's and children. Infact raising a child to become a great reader is the best.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”