Fabric or Leather case for Kindle Paperwhite

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
nikki_kwon
Currently Reading: Pachinko
Bookshelf Size: 20

Fabric or Leather case for Kindle Paperwhite

Post by nikki_kwon »

Hello everyone,

My name is Nikki, and I recently bought a Kindle Paperwhite 11th Generation. I was wondering if it's better to purchase a fabric or leather case. What are your preferences?

Nikki
Ceylin Tuncer
Currently Reading: Blink
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ceylin Tuncer »

My advice for you is that you should purchase the fabric one because leather case can make you uncomfortable when you are reading.
Lily Ahulu
Currently Reading: Jet Girl
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Lily Ahulu »

Leader is easy to clean 😃
Laura Bronski

Post by Laura Bronski »

I agree with Lily, leather is easier to clean. I have the kindle app on my iPad which is in a leather case. I had a kindle and kind of miss it, however, I don’t see the use in having both.
Jess Rohloff

Post by Jess Rohloff »

I’ve had a kindle since they first came out, and my cases have always been some kind of plastic.

If you’re interested in the design aspect, this is a great option. My new paperwhite cover is a cute flower pattern and also has a strap on the back to your hand through while reading.

Which one did you end up getting?
Ellys Davenport

Post by Ellys Davenport »

I'm with Jess on this one, I've had more Kindles than I can count, and I always go with a plastic case that has some kind of cute pattern! My current one is a purple galaxy, and I got my mom the cutest old timey map case (also with the strap on the back!).

But if you're dead set on either leather or fabric, I've always found leather to feel closer to holding a real book (I've always had a love for leather bound journals, what can I say).
Cathryn Gorlinsky
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathryn-gorlinsky.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cathryn Gorlinsky »

My current case is cork and I love the way it looks and feels. Mine is dark, so I haven't had to clean anything glaring, but it doesn't appear to stain or mark easily.
mylittlehappynook
Favorite Book: We Have Always Lived in the Castle
Currently Reading: Bright Triad (The Brightness Trilogy 1)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mylittlehappynook »

I got a kindle paperwhite this year and wanted my case to cover the screen when I'm not using it so that the screen doesn't get scratched. I really like my fabric covered case, but the leather ones are cute too!

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”