Changing Your Amazon Country | If you have trouble getting Kindle books from Amazon, change your Amazon country to USA

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Rimsha Hassan
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Changing Your Amazon Country | If you have trouble getting Kindle books from Amazon, change your Amazon country to

Post by Rimsha Hassan »

Yes but how can i change?
Claudia Angelucci
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudia-angelucci.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Claudia Angelucci »

Scott wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 23:43 Many Kindle books are not available in some countries.

In some countries (e.g. Nigeria), Amazon tends to block access to all Kindle books.

A workaround for that is to change your Amazon country. You can change your country to USA to access books only available in the USA (or UK to access books only in the UK etc.) .

View the Amazon.com Guide | View the Amazon.co.uk Guide

Typically, if you are in Canada, Australia, or the United Kingdom, then you will not need to and not want to change your Amazon country. Instead, you will want to use the Amazon website for your specific location (e.g. amazon.ca).

In contrast, if you live in a country that doesn't have its own specific version of Amazon, which is most countries, then you will want to use the .com version of Amazon in which case you may also want to change your Amazon account country to USA to make sure it functions fully.
Maybe a bit late, but I didn't know I could do that. I live in the UK, and most Kindle gift books are from America. I'll handle it now. Sorry for choosing many Kindle gift books and not being able to download them. Silly me, I should have read about this earlier!
Feezy Onuh
Currently Reading: Because he loves us
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feezy-onuh.html
Latest Review: "Some Good Writ: Christmas, Cancer, Dad, Wine, Sex and Jeff" by Jeffrey Bailey

Post by Feezy Onuh »

Oh wow, thank You, didn’t know this.
Africa, Nigeria 😭.
M Ali 11
Currently Reading: Afterburn
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by M Ali 11 »

Thank you for helping
zoe dawood
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by zoe dawood »

my Amazon is not eligible to sign up for kindle unlimited , its in the USA tho ,
Polet Njer

Post by Polet Njer »

Hello am from kenya which one can I use please?
Tiisetso Makwana
Favorite Book: Preppers Medical Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Tiisetso Makwana »

Thank you for this information. I usually struggle a lot but now I know that I just have to change the region.
Osama Khan 2
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Osama Khan 2 »

Good opportunity
ERIC AGYEMANG 2

Post by ERIC AGYEMANG 2 »

I am from Ghana, which version is good for me
Winny Auma

Post by Winny Auma »

How can I change my Amazon account?
Eshadeen

Post by Eshadeen »

Khine Su Yathaw - wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 02:07 Oh wow, I really didn't know that. Thank you for helping. I cannot even assess to kindle unlimited. And my PayPal is only business one. I wish they can pay in other systems tho.
Exactly not been able to process payment vai other platform is the only restraints I've had from making review on this site and I've been a member since 2017 or so...

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”