Overdrive ebooks, kindle v. smartphone.

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Candice
Currently Reading: valiant
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-candice.html

Overdrive ebooks, kindle v. smartphone.

Post by Candice »

Has anyone else had issues with the Overdrive books on their Kindle? I have had a couple of books that apparently did not load properly into the Kindle. I don't have any issues getting them onto my smartphone though. What are your thoughts? Do you prefer to read Overdrive books on Kindle or Smartphone?
Mdoucet1086
Currently Reading: Wonder Woman
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mdoucet1086.html
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mdoucet1086 »

For some reason the ebooks from
Overdrive don't go directly to my Kindle ( even when I chose that as the option for it to be sent to). I have to open my Kindle app on my iPhone and download it there, then when I turn on my kindle it will show up. Weird. Anyone else have this problem? I also notice the audio books are not very good at keeping their bookmarks, I find my self re-listening to stuff a lot.
Latest Review: "The Ultimate Guide to Zombies" by Dave Robertson
rkrobart
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0700">When Jesus Wept</a>
Currently Reading: C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 423
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rkrobart.html
Latest Review: "Remembering Me" by Michael J Giannini

Post by rkrobart »

I've been using Overdrive for about a year now. I love the app, but I agree that it sometimes has problems. I have found, for instance, that it is safer to download each individual item from the reader itself, rather than trusting the app to send it to the correct reader. This must be a glitch in the Overdrive system. But as long as you can get onto wifi from the reader you want to use, it just takes a few seconds to log into the overdrive app on your reader and download the item. Happy reading!
Latest Review: "Remembering Me" by Michael J Giannini
Sonna1972
Currently Reading: Momo
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonna1972.html
Latest Review: "Momo" by Kevin M. Kraft
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Sonna1972 »

I tried to use the Overdrive app on my Kindle. I have one of the older Kindles, and the app never would work correctly. It would freeze up or not let a book load. A friend of mine has the Kindle HD and she loved the Overdrive app.
Latest Review: "Momo" by Kevin M. Kraft
Dmohn
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dmohn.html

Post by Dmohn »

I use both and haven't had any issues.. I generally send it to my Kindle and then to my phone. Since I have an older kindle that isn't backlit, I read on my Kindle during the day, and then switch over and read on my phone in bed. My eyes are just too bad to read regular books anymore, so I use e-books so I can adjust the font. Man I miss physical books..
Olivia Boatwright
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-boatwright.html
Latest Review: The Poe Consequence by Keith Steinbaum

Post by Olivia Boatwright »

I have tried to use my Kindle to read but it is very slow and sometimes wont even hold a charge. Whenever I use it it wont load for me.
Badmusjamiu44
Favorite Book: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Badmusjamiu44 »

The complaint of overdrive not working out well on kindle is almost a general problem.
Sometimes it takes more longer time than necessary before it finally loads.
FFSXKT

Post by FFSXKT »

Yeah exactly I have also faced iisuses regarding book on kindle. Sometimes it's oly shown preview.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”