Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Wesline Otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Wesline Otieno »

I have tried to download the book entitled Cruise ship Heist but,it has not been possible.Kindly help
faida NJILANI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by faida NJILANI »

I love these books but it’s not letting me download it I don’t know what to do Is anyone else can help me download
malia man
Currently Reading:

Post by malia man »

I got the Amazon gift, but I accepted it with the wrong account. I can’t get read the book now because I don’t have access to the other account right now. I am unsure of what to do, because my kindle is not connected to the account I accepted the book in.
zoe Khalili
Currently Reading:

Post by zoe Khalili »

I'd try to download the book several times but failed. So try to buy the paper one.
Dumpas Gurning

Post by Dumpas Gurning »

Could you tell me how to open that mobi file on my handlphone, so I can read it everywhere
Komal KAUR 8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Komal KAUR 8 »

I'm having problems in login into Amazon
Amazon is not providing me book. So I'm not able to read 😢 i have been trying for 7 hours
l really want to give review on book but i can't because Amazon is not responding
Rajnee Varma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajnee-varma.html
Latest Review: Love Is by Kim Sorrelle

Post by Rajnee Varma »

Hi
I selected a book in .mobi format for review, Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape), Review ID U4040970-R65600, but i am unable to read the book. I am answering the given five questions.
Ans 1.
Yes, I tried option 1. I get the following message:
None of your apps can open this file.
I have readEra, Kindle, Adobe reader, Google drive, and ebook Library app on my device.

2. I tried the ReadEra app which opens all mobi files including those from OBC.org. It says:
Unable to open the document, decoding error

3. I am using android mobile (motorola one vision) which I always use for my review work with OBC.

4. No, because I never needed it. Pl also see my answer #1.

5. The ebook Library app opens all other mobi files on my device. It opens the book Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape),
Review ID U4040970-R65600, but shows only blank pages.
If there is a problem with the book, I would like to cancel this book.
For your information, I have successfully downloaded it with Kindle Unlimited. Is it possible to continue with it?
Please help me.
Thank you and have a good day.
Rajnee Varma
April Clark 4
Currently Reading:
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by April Clark 4 »

Is there a way I can switch to a different method other than Kindle to read books?
Joy Mj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-mj.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Joy Mj »

I did not get the option of free download. Apparently Amazon doesn’t permit the kindle gift in my country so I guess I’d have to use VPN which I currently don’t have
Tammy Willaby
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Tammy Willaby »

I can't move it or read it because it seems to have disappeared. I chose to download it to kindle. My screen went blank and everything closed. It's not in my downloads or kindle file folder. If I try to download again it says the page is no longer available or its 2.99
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Rajnee Varma wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 03:00 Hi
I selected a book in .mobi format for review, Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape), Review ID U4040970-R65600, but i am unable to read the book. I am answering the given five questions.
Ans 1.
Yes, I tried option 1. I get the following message:
None of your apps can open this file.
I have readEra, Kindle, Adobe reader, Google drive, and ebook Library app on my device.

2. I tried the ReadEra app which opens all mobi files including those from OBC.org. It says:
Unable to open the document, decoding error

3. I am using android mobile (motorola one vision) which I always use for my review work with OBC.

4. No, because I never needed it. Pl also see my answer #1.

5. The ebook Library app opens all other mobi files on my device. It opens the book Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape),
Review ID U4040970-R65600, but shows only blank pages.
If there is a problem with the book, I would like to cancel this book.
For your information, I have successfully downloaded it with Kindle Unlimited. Is it possible to continue with it?
Please help me.
Thank you and have a good day.
Rajnee Varma
I am having the exact same problem with this book. I've been at it for two days.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Grechelle Escalona
Currently Reading:

Post by Grechelle Escalona »

Hello! This is my first time and I was just about to download the book I selected for a review but I can't download it for free. It said that I can download the ebook for free in amazon but it always directs me to the page where I must subscribe or start a free trial.

The ebook was originally formatted as Kindle giveaway and it said that I have chosen to download the book using an Amazon gift. The link also states, "click here to claim your free book from Amazon" and I wasn't expecting that I will still have to subscribe in order to claim it.

Again, this is my first time. I would really appreciate it if you could help me better understand what actually is Kindle giveaway and how does it work. It would also be lovely if you could help me how will I be able to cancel my review if ever I can't review the book I selected. Thank you!
Motlalepula Elliot M
Currently Reading:

Post by Motlalepula Elliot M »

I am still trying to download the book. I think my phone is having a space problem but trying to solve it. In short, I have not downloaded the book successfully.
Calixt
Currently Reading:

Post by Calixt »

I've tried all those methods. The book opens on Amazon, but there is no downloadable link. It is only possible to read it through the landing page
AJPolds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by AJPolds »

I can't download the ebook, it directs me to the page that I must subscribe and encode my credit card but I don't have one.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”