Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by mytkreadingreview »

I red the book very well on my laptop so my problem is, I am not able to submit my review because my laptop is broken. I tried to go to public library but I am not able to use their computer's prorpely according to Review Team Guidellines, especially when it comes to itallic or bold.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

mytkreadingreview wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 04:30 I red the book very well on my laptop so my problem is, I am not able to submit my review because my laptop is broken. I tried to go to public library but I am not able to use their computer's prorpely according to Review Team Guidellines, especially when it comes to itallic or bold.
You should report it via your Update tab, NOT here.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
fiore lee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by fiore lee »

Can’t open the book
gali

Post by gali »

fiore lee wrote: 22 Apr 2021, 11:35 Can’t open the book
You need to report it via your Update tab, NOT here.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Glovie Berbano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Glovie Berbano »

I tried downloading the book via amazon thru kindle but it mentioned that the book is not available in the country where I am staying now
gali

Post by gali »

Glovie Berbano wrote: 19 May 2021, 09:28 I tried downloading the book via amazon thru kindle but it mentioned that the book is not available in the country where I am staying now
In that case, there nothing you can do except quit the book via your Update tab. You should choose only formats you can get.
A retired Admin/Mod

Dylan921
Favorite Book: The Date Farm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dylan921.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Dylan921 »

I tried the options, I don’t have a computer so that’s out. Option 1…tried but didn’t work. Never did a mobi
File. On my iPhone screen is only the 1st page of the book, nothing else. Won’t let me continue. Clueless
gali

Post by gali »

Dylan921 wrote: 28 May 2021, 17:09 I tried the options, I don’t have a computer so that’s out. Option 1…tried but didn’t work. Never did a mobi
File. On my iPhone screen is only the 1st page of the book, nothing else. Won’t let me continue. Clueless
You need to report it or quit the book via your Update tab, then.
A retired Admin/Mod

LaToya Dancy

Post by LaToya Dancy »

I was having an issue opening the file via my Google Pixel 3XL using the Kindle app (the cover would show but it would only have a spinning wheel when I attempted to open it), but I did find a solution after trying to follow the steps here. I'm not sure if this has been share before, so my apologies if this is repeated information, but here is what I did:

1. I went to the Amazon website on my computer and pulled up the book title then followed the link to "Manage Your Content and Devices" (this link was in the purchase confirmation section at the top of the page). This link then took me to a page that listed all of my book downloads in a row, and (most importantly) let me know what device(s) the book was assigned to. Though the book was "downloaded" onto my phone, no device was shown for this book.
2. I went to the Kindle app on my phone and elected to remove the download of the book [since it wasn't showing as a device anyway].
3. I then elected to "Deliver" the book to my device via the "Manage Your Content and Devices" page by selecting the "Title" and "Device" preference (it's really straightforward).
4. I then went back to the Kindle app on my phone and clicked the title, which caused it to download successfully in less than a minute's time.

I hope this rather easy solution can help someone else too!
fiore lee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by fiore lee »

I can’t download the book Surviving the Business of Healthcare because of some issues with the Country...amazon page says me... This eBook cannot be redeemed by customers in your country.
Simollie Makuto

Post by Simollie Makuto »

Good morning. Herewith responses to questions 1 to 5.:-
1) I managed to move the file into
my kindle directory.
2) The file is opening with no error
messages.
3) I am using an Intel Pro android
phone.
4) Yes I have opened and read other
books with this app on this
phone.
5) My problem with this book is that
the words and sentences are
running into each other, thereby
making it illegible.
gali

Post by gali »

Simollie Makuto wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 04:42 Good morning. Herewith responses to questions 1 to 5.:-
1) I managed to move the file into
my kindle directory.
2) The file is opening with no error
messages.
3) I am using an Intel Pro android
phone.
4) Yes I have opened and read other
books with this app on this
phone.
5) My problem with this book is that
the words and sentences are
running into each other, thereby
making it illegible.
You should report it via your Update tab, then.
A retired Admin/Mod

Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

Sorry, can't do Amazon review for the book presently which is compulsory for doing this review as I have just found out from you through the 'support form'. That's why the delay in reporting. So, I am quitting the book. I didn't know where to report my specific problem.
Melissa Tawonechi

Post by Melissa Tawonechi »

1.Tried option 1 and it's still not working
2.specific error message was unable to open file
3.Samsung galaxy note 5
4.i did not
5.did not see other details but l request that the format be changed to Pdf ,My other books always open using that format
gali

Post by gali »

Disneyland wrote: 10 Jun 2021, 10:28 Sorry, can't do Amazon review for the book presently which is compulsory for doing this review as I have just found out from you through the 'support form'. That's why the delay in reporting. So, I am quitting the book. I didn't know where to report my specific problem.
You need to report it or quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”