Kindle unlimited-If you're thinking of getting it

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
pengy86
Currently Reading: After Ever Happy (After, #4)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pengy86.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Re: Kindle unlimited-If you're thinking of getting it

Post by pengy86 »

I have KU but I read tons every month. Being able to go through 10+ books a month for $10 works for me. I will say that they have increased their available books so I typically find more that I can read with kindle unlimited then without. It does suck only being able to load 10 books at a time. I use it for my kid as well and reading multiple books a night can eat into that 10 books at a time and then I have to remove a book to add another. I have found that if its a book my kid really likes, I will buy the book so it doesn't keep taking up space on my KU limits. I also use overdrive for any other books that I can't get through KU. The only problem with overdrive and the library borrow system is if its a popular book, it has multiple weeks/months wait to get your turn to read. So having KU to supplement my reading library while I wait for those more popular books works in my favor.
tayloremily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayloremily.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by tayloremily »

I think it's worth it. I did the free trial and am now in the paid version. I am recently a stay at home mom again so I have been reading more, hints why I'm on this site! I have found a lot of good reads on it. I think it depends on what each person likes to read and so on. To each their own. But I say it is worth it. :)
    Alexandra1234
    Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
    Bookshelf Size: 42
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandra1234.html
    Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Alexandra1234 »

Thank you for your review. I have been considering joining the kindle unlimited club, but it just doesn't feel right to spend 10€ a month for borrowing books. Your review and other comments helped me make out my mind. Cheers.
    '' A book is a dream you hold in your hand.'' - Neil Gaiman
    ThomasCShearman1976
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 92
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thomascshearman1976.html
    Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles
    Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ThomasCShearman1976 »

Interesting review and the responses, too.

I'm quite new here. A lot of the books available to review to us in the volunteer section are only available on Kindle Unlimited.

It feels a bit of a chicken/egg situation for me. I can only see a few books to review for free on here without unlimited.

Get unlimited, I can read and more review books from here (free) and then not have enough time to take advantage of whatever quality of book is available on unlimited.

I've not tried it yet. My gut feeling is to hold out against it!
    kljrox
    Favorite Book: The Pentagon Years
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 66
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kljrox.html
    Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by kljrox »

Thanks for the heads up on KU. I was actually thinking about doing it because I thought I could keep the books not just borrow them. If I want to borrow a book, I'll just do that on my online library. There are so many ways to read for free that paying for a service like that is not something I would do.
    "I promised myself that I would take the time to notice simple beauty every day."
    Richard L. Haight
    madhur_mehta005
    Currently Reading: A strange hymn
    Bookshelf Size: 20
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madhur-mehta005.html
    Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by madhur_mehta005 »

I am super happy with kindle unlimited. It has an amazing collection of comics like some really good DC comics and first 16 comics of attack on titans and so on.

Further, Amazon also introduces new books every month. I find it pretty cool.
    Le-nic Pretorius
    In It Together VIP
    Favorite Author: Stephen King
    Currently Reading:
    Bookshelf Size: 36
    Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-le-nic-pretorius.html
    Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
    fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Le-nic Pretorius »

I also have the Kindle Unlimited subscription. I subscribed after the 30 days free trial and so far I am still happy with my decision. Still getting used to reading e-books as I prefer an actual copy.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”