Kindle unlimited-If you're thinking of getting it

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Re: Kindle unlimited-If you're thinking of getting it

Post by morenikeji100 »

Thanks for the review. I was considering a kiddle unlimited, but now, I will try to look for another alternative.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

I have kindle unlimited. Some months I read a lot of books and other months not quite as much. I have read a lot of books that i probably would never have read - just because it was free and have got into some good series because of it. I guess it all depends on the individual and what type of books you like to read as to if its worth the $10 or not
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Thanks for all of the reviews, everyone. I was thinking about getting it but there seem to be more negative reviews than positive ones. I think I will spend my money getting a Kindle first. I am still trying to read their books on my phone. 😕
Shaggy-Reads
Currently Reading: Bound in Flames
Bookshelf Size: 393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaggy-reads.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Shaggy-Reads »

The only book series I found on unlimited worth my dime was “The Vampire Gift”. Everything else was just as stated by others; Free and cheap books nobody ever heard of. I happen to read a lot and go through books like water so we thought the $10/mth would save us some cash but that wasn’t the case. The books I wanted to read cost in addition to the membership fee since their publishing houses are not part of the contract. Suffice it to say that unlimited is only unlimited in the BS they spew to draw you in. With most being free to .99 books, most will never get there moneys worth and why bother? Having to pay anyways made it unrealistic to me. If I want to toss $10 away I’ll hand it to my kids to never see it again lol. At least that way I know they are benefiting from my cash. Don’t waste your time or energy on unlimited and it takes a ton of energy to get out so don’t even jump in.
DeborahCupples
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DeborahCupples »

Thanks for the explanation. I've wondered about whether Kindle Unlimited is worth it.
Angela27983
Currently Reading:

Post by Angela27983 »

I appreciate the post. I did try the free trial just to see how I liked it. I will let you know my thoughts on it later.
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

I was thinking KU would be worth it, but OverDrive makes more sense. Borrowing books is borrowing books. Might as well do it for free. There are some excellent National and State-wide libraries that participate. That was worth looking into for me.
foxisquaw2

Post by foxisquaw2 »

I thought about getting Kindle Unlimited but here is the problem. You can only have 10 books at a time. I have a couple thousand. I either have read them and will read again or purchased to read. If I am paying anything at all I should be able to have as many books as I want. I will not be getting it unless it changes their policy.
Bhaskins
Currently Reading: The Biography of Her
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Bhaskins »

I love kindle unlimited, but it does have some limitations. "unlimited" seems like a very misleading title. You can only have 10 books out at a time and it's only eligible books. It's basically a free online library. I love having it because it gives me options, but it is misleading for sure.
moomawpw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moomawpw.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by moomawpw »

I tried Kindle Unlimited for about a year. I dropped it when it finally sank in that an awful lot of the books I was attracted to weren't on the free list.
bespectacledpetal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bespectacledpetal.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by bespectacledpetal »

I was really disappointed when I found out Kindle Unlimited wasn't available in my area but after seeing your review, I feel a lot better. Lol
Thanks for your review
Sleipnir_Drew
Favorite Book: Oathbringer
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Sleipnir_Drew »

I find KU more than good. If you cannot borrow the book for free, you can pay for it at a better price and keep it in your KU shelf. Also, as I have found in several comments, it's really easy to find new indie books or weird new things. It's amazing how many different, crazy, wonderful or dreadful things you can find. I find it worth what it costs because, to be honest, it's not even that much. However, I DO read at least 8 books a month so for me, it works just perfect.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

Thank you so much for this!!!

I am current in my trial and hmmm... Lots of perspective now.
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
books_andpoetrii
Currently Reading: Crazy Rich Asians
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-andpoetrii.html
Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by books_andpoetrii »

Thank you for creating this discussion. Before reading this, I was sure of getting KU. But now I have to weigh it again. :mrgreen2:
Captnkate 50
Currently Reading: Merchants of Virtue
Bookshelf Size: 38

Post by Captnkate 50 »

I am a retired teacher and now have more time to read. I really like using Kindle Unlimited. It has given me opportunity to read new authors and delve into genres I haven't usually encountered. I usually enjoy historical fiction but have jumped on the post apocalyptic and dystopian fiction series. Not all of the unlimited are the lesser known cheaper published works. I have been able to read classics from Dickens and Jane Austen as well as The Hunger Games series and Harry Potter series. Unlimited keeps notes of my browsing and recommends titles I might like for future reads.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”