Is the Kindle Paperwhite worth it?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
juliek323
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliek323.html

Is the Kindle Paperwhite worth it?

Post by juliek323 »

So I have a Kindle touch. It was a hand me down from my mom whem she got a paperwhite, but the touch is starting to get old and wear out. Does anyone have any feedback on whether the paperwhite is as good as my mom claims? Thanks!
Carole_37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carole-37.html

Post by Carole_37 »

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I love it. You can adjust the light on your kindle to your satisfaction.
Muhammad Nadeem
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 456
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-nadeem.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Muhammad Nadeem »

I also have Kindle Paperwhite, it's good for reading.
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

I love my paperwhite! I've had the kindle 2 and 3 versions. Most of the time when I read is at night and being able to have the built in light is amazing. Surprisingly is isn't bright like a phone, but has a soft light that doesn't strain your eyes. I highly recommend it. Even if you are reading during the day, the light is adjustable and can enhance your reading experience.
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
Scout Avem

Post by Scout Avem »

I have the kindle fire that I use it for everything. However, if you're looking for something only for reading, the paperwhite is definitely worth it. It's much easier on the eyes at night and the battery lasts way longer.
DB44
Currently Reading: Breaths in Winter
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-db44.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00REQKWGA

Post by DB44 »

The Paperwhite is excellent and well worth it. I upgraded from the touch when the Paperwhite first came out and loved it. It is the ereader I was waiting for since I was a 10 year old reading under the covers by torch light. If you have a Touch imho the decision to upgrade to a front-lit reader is a no-brainer, and the Paperwhite seems to represent very good value at the moment.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Samsulli
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samsulli.html

Post by Samsulli »

I also am thinking about getting a Kindle Paperwhite. It seems really cool, but I've never had a kindle before and just used my old iPad 2 to read. However, it is getting really old and running out of space quickly, and crashes all of the time. I want a kindle but since the Paperwhite is relatively new it is pretty pricey. Should I bother getting it or go for one of the older models?
nitishp051843
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nitishp051843.html

Post by nitishp051843 »

Yes it is.You can be satisfied with investment you do.
Kony

Post by Kony »

Hi,
I was just on the Amazon site and saw that there is a new Kindle Paperwhite version available Jan.10.2016. It has 300 ppi, and has a version with 3gb where you can connect anywhere (is this also new?). I have not used a Kindle so far, any thoughts as to this being a good purchase?
Ash and Stars
Bookshelf Size: 640
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-and-stars.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Post by Ash and Stars »

I definitely think it's worth it. It's very light and the built in light is so handy for reading at night.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
mmziegler121
Currently Reading: A Quest of Undoing
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmziegler121.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by mmziegler121 »

I've had a Kindle Paperwhite for about two years now, and I love it. The battery lasts a long time, the light doesn't hurt my eyes, and I don't get distracted from reading by unrelated apps. Definitely worth the money.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
mochababy70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mochababy70.html

Post by mochababy70 »

The Kindle Paperwhite is definitely worth it. It is so easy to read from.
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

Has anyone had one for quite a while that is still working well? I am currently saving up to buy a new Kindle as the one I have, though still working! is from 2012!!! I usually would not consider replacing a device before it has broken, but the old Kindle isn't very easy to navigate if I want to "flip back" and check something and it of course has no back light, which would be very helpful for me with my current schedule.

The reason I ask is that I was researching the reviews on Amazon and saw quite a lot of people reporting that their paperwhite did not last even one year. Considering how long my old one has held up, albeit with fairly light use, it makes me want to think twice about how much money I am willing to invest in an improvement that isn't really a need.
Booklover_CRJ
Currently Reading: First Lord's Fury
Bookshelf Size: 73

Post by Booklover_CRJ »

DancingLady wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 15:01 Has anyone had one for quite a while that is still working well? I am currently saving up to buy a new Kindle as the one I have, though still working! is from 2012!!! I usually would not consider replacing a device before it has broken, but the old Kindle isn't very easy to navigate if I want to "flip back" and check something and it of course has no back light, which would be very helpful for me with my current schedule.

The reason I ask is that I was researching the reviews on Amazon and saw quite a lot of people reporting that their paperwhite did not last even one year. Considering how long my old one has held up, albeit with fairly light use, it makes me want to think twice about how much money I am willing to invest in an improvement that isn't really a need.
Yes I've had the Paperwhite 3G for years and I love it it's just as good now as it was when I got it. (In 2012) I use it A LOT lol and the only way I would replace it is if they came out with a color version.
jrebj00

Post by jrebj00 »

In a word, yes. I got my first Kindle (generation 2) in May 2010. I have upgraded it several times since. I currently have a Paperwhite and it is by far, my favorite. I love the adjustment of the light even during the day. When you read in bed (my favorite place to read), you can dim it down so it isn't really bright. It does not strain or hurt your eyes like the light that emits off a tablet or phone. Well worth the money in my opinion. I take it on airplanes and trips as well because then I always have books to read while I'm away from home.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”