Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Re: Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Fuzaila wrote: 10 Sep 2018, 03:56 What I do is open the book's page on Amazon.com from Onlinebookclub.org links and then change over the URL address from '.com' to my country's URL, for example, from 'Amazon.com' to 'Amazon.in' and keep the rest of the address the same. It shows up options for buying it in my currency. Easy-peasy! :D
[/quot]

With this trick, can you leave an Amazon review? I have not made enough purchases from Amazon.com. So I am not allowed to review books there. Any suggestions please?
Honest-reviewer

skindrukas wrote: 13 May 2019, 15:09 In the instruction it says:
It will allow you an option to "click here" for other Amazon sites you can shop at, so click on that.
I don't see such option. It only gives me an option to change my address.

The problem is that in order to participate in today's BOTD I must download a free copy from Amazon. I didn't have any trouble doing that so far, only today.

Anyway, I changed my address to US. I used my aunt's address. Unfortunately, Amazon detects that I'm in Lithuania, even though I don't have my GPS on. It says:
you attempted to purchase an item while in a different country/region than listed on your Amazon account
And because of that I can't download today's BOTD. That means I'll lose all my points for participating in BOTD so far. If it was just a few poits, I'd not complain. But 600 is a lot...

Any advice?
What! You lose all the points if you don’t participate in BOTD even for a single day?
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 02:22
Shrabastee wrote: 21 May 2018, 10:24 Well, in my country we have to use Amazon.in, and the BOTDs were free there as well and I could access them directly from the giveaway page link. However, once I made some purchases from Amazon, it took my address (instead of my kindle device as the destination) and afterwards whenever I clicked the link on BOTD page, it showed the book was not available for purchase. When I checked for the book directly in Amazon.in instead of going there through the BOTD page link, I found it was free and was able to download it for kindle app. I'll have to check again tomorrow to confirm this, though.
Hey! How do you leave an Amazon review if you don’t find that book on Amazon.in ??
I simply inform the author. The books available through Online Book Club are generally also available in Amazon.in. By available, I mean you can submit a review, even if the book is not free/for sale. There are some books, however, which shows "not available in your country." You cannot leave a review for them, sadly.
Honest-reviewer

Shrabastee wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 20:40
Shrabastee wrote: 21 May 2018, 10:24 Well, in my country we have to use Amazon.in, and the BOTDs were free there as well and I could access them directly from the giveaway page link. However, once I made some purchases from Amazon, it took my address (instead of my kindle device as the destination) and afterwards whenever I clicked the link on BOTD page, it showed the book was not available for purchase. When I checked for the book directly in Amazon.in instead of going there through the BOTD page link, I found it was free and was able to download it for kindle app. I'll have to check again tomorrow to confirm this, though.
Hey! How do you leave an Amazon review if you don’t find that book on Amazon.in ??
I simply inform the author. The books available through Online Book Club are generally also available in Amazon.in. By available, I mean you can submit a review, even if the book is not free/for sale. There are some books, however, which shows "not available in your country." You cannot leave a review for them, sadly.
Thank you!
In the last sentence you said, “You cannot leave a review for them.” By leaving a review, you mean an Amazon review ? If yes, then how do review a book on OBC and not leave a review on Amazon? Because on the History tab it doesn’t show anything else until to click on “mark as submitted” and also you cannot select a new book to review!
Shrabastee Chakraborty

Honest-reviewer wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 22:52

Thank you!
In the last sentence you said, “You cannot leave a review for them.” By leaving a review, you mean an Amazon review ? If yes, then how do review a book on OBC and not leave a review on Amazon? Because on the History tab it doesn’t show anything else until to click on “mark as submitted” and also you cannot select a new book to review!
Yes, I meant an Amazon review. Well, I haven't yet faced this particular issue while reviewing OBC books. I've always found them in Amazon.in. A couple of times, the author has complained that they didn't see my reviews. In that case, I have posted links to my Amazon.in review using an additional form provided by OBC.
If you are facing this issue, I would suggest you make a post in the forum or contact Scott.
I am not sure if it is possible to post Amazon.com reviews in these instances. I have never been able to do so myself. Amazon.com doesn't accept my reviews as I haven't bought anything from them. However, you can ask in the forum about that too. Someone might know of an alternate way.
Good luck!
Honest-reviewer

Shrabastee wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 00:01

Thank you!
Yes, I meant an Amazon review. Well, I haven't yet faced this particular issue while reviewing OBC books. I've always found them in Amazon.in. A couple of times, the author has complained that they didn't see my reviews. In that case, I have posted links to my Amazon.in review using an additional form provided by OBC.
If you are facing this issue, I would suggest you make a post in the forum or contact Scott.
I am not sure if it is possible to post Amazon.com reviews in these instances. I have never been able to do so myself. Amazon.com doesn't accept my reviews as I haven't bought anything from them. However, you can ask in the forum about that too. Someone might know of an alternate way.
Good luck!
Sure, I will try. Thanks you so much !! :D
Shrabastee Chakraborty

Honest-reviewer wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 03:52
Shrabastee wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 00:01

Thank you!
Good luck!
Sure, I will try. Thanks you so much !! :D
You are most welcome!
Badmusjamiu44
Favorite Book: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Badmusjamiu44 »

Thanks for the great information
Pavilionpee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
2024 Reading Goal: 658
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Pavilionpee »

Looking for fun companions for travels and adventures?
Actual Women

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”