I do not have kindle.. how can I get the books that are only offered that way?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Lady Loch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-loch.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing
Reading Device: pdf

Re: I do not have kindle.. how can I get the books that are only offered that way?

Post by Lady Loch »

MezzoNoMore wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 08:57 I agree with Jessi, best option is to get the free app for your phone or tablet. You can buy the ebooks on Amazon and they’ll be available to read in the app.
Hi. Is it possible to avail a free book that is only free for Kindle Unlimited if I only have the free Kindle app on my device?
(I am sure this makes no sense but see, I am searching for possibilities :P )
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Miss Yudae Flutterby wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 20:53
MezzoNoMore wrote: 12 Feb 2018, 08:57 I agree with Jessi, best option is to get the free app for your phone or tablet. You can buy the ebooks on Amazon and they’ll be available to read in the app.
Hi. Is it possible to avail a free book that is only free for Kindle Unlimited if I only have the free Kindle app on my device?
No, it isn't. You need to join the Kindle Unlimited program for that and only USA citizens can join it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Lady Loch
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-loch.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing
Reading Device: pdf

Post by Lady Loch »

gali wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 23:13
Miss Yudae Flutterby wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 20:53
No, it isn't. You need to join the Kindle Unlimited program for that and only USA citizens can join it.
Awww.. Thank you
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

Aside from downloading the Kindle app or software, you may also read books using the Kindle Cloud Reader. Search for Kindle Cloud Reader using Google, and you can start reading without the need of downloading the app or software. I hope this helps!
FaruqAhmed
Currently Reading: Dreams from My Father
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by FaruqAhmed »

But the kindle app is not available in my country, where do i get the books?
I joined this website four months ago and i am willing to progress but this has stopped me
What can I do, is there any alternative available to me?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

FaruqAhmed wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 03:15 But the kindle app is not available in my country, where do i get the books?
I joined this website four months ago and i am willing to progress but this has stopped me
What can I do, is there any alternative available to me?
In that case, you should pick other formats that you are able to get and read.

Please read this thread for more details: Links and Info for New Members.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by ShareTheGift »

Even if people have a smaller screen you can made the print larger so I have not had much of a problem reading on my phone.

Also, what is nice is the you can highlight text or make notes on a specific page and scroll through those very easily if you need to go back to errors or other interesting things you have found in the book.

Occasionally, I do have some trouble downloading a book though. I think it is because I have so many (over 100)!
djr6090
Favorite Book: The North Wind Descends (The Lord Hani Mysteries Book 4)
Currently Reading: There's a Hole in My Bucket
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djr6090.html
Latest Review: The Odessa Legacy by Dr. Richard Bend

Post by djr6090 »

I confused me that I had to sign in to Amazon, then find my Kindle account on the pull down menu. But now that I found it I am very pleased with being able to read on my various devices.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”