Kindle Unlimited Subscription, is it worth it?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Abby56
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Kindle Unlimited Subscription, is it worth it?

Post by Abby56 »

I like kindle unlimited, but it depends on what you want to read. I haven't noticed a lot of top bestsellers. In romance books, it is a lot of self-published books, usually written in first person. However, I am enjoying the subscription, and the categories are very well-organized to find books that appeal to you.
books_andpoetri
Currently Reading: The Most Fun We Ever Had
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-andpoetri.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by books_andpoetri »

It's worth your money if you read around 6 e-books or more per month.
JaimeAlfonzo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaimealfonzo.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JaimeAlfonzo »

In my experience i used the subscription a lot, but the way amazon close several of the saga that i was reading, just because . I believe that writer are due respect and Amazon is not given them any, i cancelled my subscription after three years.
Nnlibby
Currently Reading: Memoirs of the Senator's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnlibby.html
Latest Review: Blood Red Moon by Lee Roberts
Reading Device: B0794Z55CH

Post by Nnlibby »

I've had my KU subscription for a year now. Best thing ever! I can read anywhere from 4-10 books a week. Since I have run out of room in my own library for more, it's easier for me to read whole series on my kindle and return. I can access all 10 of the books borrowed on all of my devices.
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

I believe if you enjoy reading and use your kindle often to read, then it should be well worth the money. I do know that you can use it across multiple devices, but be careful as your children might be able to see what you are reading as well.
brendanwhite
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendanwhite.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by brendanwhite »

It really depends on what you want to read and how much you want to read. If you are going to read multiple books per month and like using an e-reader, then I would recommend, but if you are, like me, more of a fan of paperbacks or you only read 1 or 2 books a month, it may not be worth it for you.
Favour Olusegun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Favour Olusegun »

I would love to make friends that we'll share our experiences about adult books together.

I just finished reading Free Summary of the book Black Ties and White Lies
This is the title below.

Summary of Black Ties and White Lies
Christopher Sublett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-sublett.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christopher Sublett »

I like my Kindle device features along with the services that the unlimited subscription plan offers. I think it is rewarding to get free credits every month to go towards purchasing a new free book. I think that being able to sync across all your devices is more productive, especially if you are mobile traveling to different locations. The library has a variety of genres to select from at a low cost. However, I do not like that if a member cancels service you can lose the books already downloaded. I would recommend an individual to try the 30 day trial period first to see if it is right for them.
Christopher Sublett
Reviewer@OnlineBookClub.org
:bookclub-square:
Follow
http://twitter.com/ChrisRSublett
http://pinterest.com/christopher_sublett
http://linkedin.com/in/chris-sublett
http://facebook.com/christopher.sublett.77

http://tumblr.com/christophersublett
Cathryn Gorlinsky
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathryn-gorlinsky.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cathryn Gorlinsky »

I really enjoy my Kindle and subscribed to KU a few months ago. I devour romance books, so it's a great option to have available. I do like paper copies better, but I just don't have the space! If you local library systems don't have a huge selection via Libby, then I would recommend KU. I find it's also guilt-free to DNF something - no money loss and no having to return something to the library.

Also, I've "cancelled" my sub a few times to get a lower monthly costs to entice me to stay.
Natalia Salvador
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-salvador.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Natalia Salvador »

yes I read about 10 books a month so it is overall saving me money normally this could cost like 200 dollars but now it costs only 10 a month so worth it. I find all the books I want to read are on there too.
Postoak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Postoak »

I think its worth it if you read a lot but don't focus on a specific genre. If you only like one type of book, the selection can be limiting. However, I have read some great books that I otherwise would not have read. It's worth subscribing to see if you like it. You can always cancel the subscription if it's not for you.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”