Kindle books can now be borrowed

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Elphaba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Kindle books can now be borrowed

Post by Elphaba »

Amazon released this new feature last month. Some of the kindle books can be borrowed, only once per book, for two weeks. If you are about to buy a lendable kindle book (it is stated under books details in the book web page on Amazon website) you can check here if anyone has this book already and haven't lent it yet. I will be happy to lend the books that I have.
Sarabell

Post by Sarabell »

Great thread! I've been wondering if we could start kind of a lending give-and-take... should we just start posting wants?

I can look through my Kindle and see what I have that is lendable, post here, and trade off with others. Should we start that way?
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on 21 Jan 2011, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Note: Any lending give and take transactions are completely at the risk of the person lending, receiving etc and the forum cant be held responsible for any problems associated with it.

Mike.
You only live once.....so live!
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

StephenKingman wrote:Note: Any lending give and take transactions are completely at the risk of the person lending, receiving etc and the forum cant be held responsible for any problems associated with it.

Mike.
Probably wise to be cautious. Thanks for the reminder!
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
Sarabell

Post by Sarabell »

Fair enough. :)
I guess I should look into it more, it seems that there's really nothing to lose, except that I won't be able to loan out that particular book anymore, but I'll have to read through some of Amazon's FAQs or something, I guess, just to make sure I'm comfortable with it on a public forum.
TheScribe

Post by TheScribe »

Is there anything else different about the books that can be lent out? Do they cost a bit more or something or is just how lenient the author felt when designing the DRM?
Sarabell

Post by Sarabell »

I think it's just if the author or publisher OK'd it. :D They don't cost more, that I've noticed.

You can find out if they are lendable on your Amazon page for your Kindle. There's a little icon/note on those. Not all that many books are, unfortunately!
Marto

Post by Marto »

Maybe I should make the move to digital books.
Jp1978

Post by Jp1978 »

Interesting. I don't own a digital reader. How exactly does the lending and returning work?
Anna_21

Post by Anna_21 »

One of my friends just bought a kindle, and I liked it a lot. It can read the books for you :) I think I know what to ask to Santa this year :P
Amthierry

Post by Amthierry »

I have heard that the Kindle is not very readable in certain light sources, outside, inside, low light or sunlight? Can anyone that owns one tell me if this is correct? Also can you buy used books for the reader? I am a frequent buyer of used books which is best for my budget.
Jennifar

Post by Jennifar »

I can look through my Kindle and see what I have that is lendable, post here, and trade off with others. Should we start that way?
KrystenRB

Post by KrystenRB »

That is a great feature that i didnt know about on the kindle fire
DeaSatrio
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deasatrio.html

Post by DeaSatrio »

This is great! Thanks for sharing- my dad will be glad to know.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”