Overall rating and opinion of "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend

Use this forum to discuss the March 2023 Book of the Month, "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=536190

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I do not usually lean towards this kind of genre, but after reading the sample, I found it very compelling. I find that the Delvon character and his rabbit to be very interesting. The author's writing style was very easy and before you know it, you are halfway done with the book. After finishing my current review, I will get back to reading this one.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Jenni Schmitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenni-schmitt.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jenni Schmitt »

I didn't pay attention to typos, so on story alone I would rate this five out of five stars. I recommended to my daughter before I'd even finished. Now I'm reading the second,
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The story revolves around the intense conflict between the Kingdoms of Argent and Hengel. Delvin's adventure, accompanied by the Duke and Princesses, is the highlight of the tale. His magical abilities play a crucial role in overcoming the challenges they face, especially in ensuring the safe passage of Princess Fionella, even amid the clutches of the ruthless Duke. The thrilling and suspenseful nature of the book kept me thoroughly engaged, and I wholeheartedly give it a perfect rating of 5 out of 5. I eagerly anticipate another captivating book by Charles Townsend, eagerly looking forward to more mesmerizing adventures in the future.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

The characters, narrative, and overall plotline of this novel are all really good. It's safe to say that fantasy fans like me would enjoy it.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

I'm captivated by the book's enthralling and immersive nature. The storyline brims with unexpected turns that kept me engaged. The element I found challenging was Delvin's accusation of eliminating his mentor, Borlock, someone he deeply respected. The author's writing style was commendable, skillfully blending storytelling elements into the plot. This book is poised to captivate fiction enthusiasts, offering them an enjoyable and engaging reading experience.
PanwarP
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-panwarp.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by PanwarP »

The main character, Delvin, a brilliant and crafty would-be magician who utilizes his head to conjure up various ways to get out of numerous jams, came over nicely in the pages. This book is a masterfully written magical tale that captivates you from page one and holds your attention until the very last word. This would be a fantastic, ethereal television series that I would definitely watch.

Return to “Discuss "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend”