Delvin, Jarla and Fionella - Which one is your favorite?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2023 Book of the Month, "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=536190

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Maggie Johnson 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-johnson-2.html
Latest Review: Graham's Folly by Miguel Gutierrez

Re: Delvin, Jarla and Fionella - Which one is your favorite?

Post by Maggie Johnson 2 »

Jarla was definitely my favorite. I liked Delvin as well, but to me, Jarla had the strongest personality. I liked how fearless and determined she was. She never let anything or anyone stand in her way. She was also a quick thinker. I was impressed with how she managed to get herself out of some situations.
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

I agree with your admiration for Princess Jarla in "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend. Jarla's character stands out for several reasons that make her truly inspiring. Firstly, her wits are remarkable. She consistently demonstrates quick thinking and cleverness, allowing her to navigate challenging situations gracefully and intelligently. Her sharp responses showcase her intelligence and ability to outsmart those around her.
Furthermore, Jarla's confidence is genuinely commendable. Despite living in a male-dominated society, she refuses to let societal expectations limit her potential. She exudes a strong sense of self-belief, empowering her to assert herself and stand up for her beliefs.
Lastly, her fearlessness is captivating. Jarla is unafraid to take risks and face adversity head-on. She embraces challenges with a determined spirit, never allowing fear to hold her back.
While Princess Jarla is an incredible character, my favorite would be the magician. His enigmatic nature, mysterious abilities, and the wisdom he imparts throughout the story make him a fascinating figure. The way he mentors and guides the other characters adds depth and intrigue to the narrative, making him an essential and captivating part of the story.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Jenni Schmitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Homecoming
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenni-schmitt.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jenni Schmitt »

Normally, I'd pick the strong female lead as my favorite character. This time I have to go with Delvin. I love the irony of a magician bluffing tricks while figuring out how to use real magic.
Despina Samartean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-despina-samartean.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Despina Samartean »

My favorite character out of the three mentioned would be Delvin. There was nothing worth disliking!
Despina Samartean
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-despina-samartean.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Despina Samartean »

All the characters brought their A-game to the storyline, and as such, I really like each and everyone of them, as I find it somewhat hard to pick out a favorite.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

I fully concur with your admiration for Princess Jarla in Charles Townsend's "The Magician's Secret." There are numerous qualities that set her apart, making her a truly inspiring character. One aspect that stands out is her remarkable wit. Throughout the story, Jarla consistently demonstrates quick thinking and cleverness, enabling her to navigate challenging situations with grace and intelligence. Her sharp responses serve as a testament to her intellect and her ability to outsmart those around her.

Additionally, Jarla's confidence is truly commendable. Despite living in a society dominated by men and burdened by societal expectations, she refuses to let these constraints limit her potential. Instead, she exudes a strong sense of self-belief, empowering her to assert herself and stand up for her beliefs. Her unwavering confidence in herself sets a powerful example for readers, encouraging them to embrace their own strengths and values without succumbing to external pressures.

Princess Jarla emerges as a character who not only captivates the reader with her intelligence and wit but also serves as a source of inspiration for her fearlessness and self-assurance. Her presence in the narrative adds depth and complexity to the story, making her a memorable and beloved character worth celebrating.
Christina Shupe
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-shupe.html
Latest Review: Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond

Post by Christina Shupe »

Jarla is my favorite. I love how she is no-nonsense, capable, and determined to save her kingdom. She is a very inspiring character, and I like that when you first meet her, you see a beautiful face, but later on you learn that she is not a person to mess with.

Return to “Discuss "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend”