Delvin in the Dark Cellar.

Use this forum to discuss the March 2023 Book of the Month, "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=536190

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Re: Delvin in the Dark Cellar.

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I do think that Borlock's death jarred something in Delvin and probably that would not have happened otherwise. Him trying to understand his friend's death was most likely his psyche coming to terms with what possibly lay ahead.
Real courage is when you know you are licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what! (To kill a Mockingbird - Atticus Finch) Harper Lee.
Despina Samartean
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-despina-samartean.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Despina Samartean »

Yes. I'm of the opinion that Borlock had to die. This is so because I feel Delvin wouldn't have reached his optimum level if this didn't happen.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

I believe Delvin is deeply mourning the loss of Borlock, who was not only his friend but also his mentor. Borlock's passing has made Delvin realize the profound impact he had on his life. Had it not been for Borlock's demise, Delvin might not have comprehended the true significance of his teacher's role. Indeed, it is through Borlock's death that Delvin inherited the stone, setting in motion the captivating tale of his adventures. The loss of his dear friend has become the catalyst for a transformative journey, shaping Delvin's destiny in unexpected ways.

Return to “Discuss "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend”