Could you hide in a coffin?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2023 Book of the Month, "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=536190

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Could you hide in a coffin?

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I do not think I could hide in a coffin in any circumstances. It would be too creepy. Could you?
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

Definitely not, but yeah I guess if it was life and death we all probably could but otherwise, I don't think I'd even like to be in the same room as them.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Well, I would say that it depends on the situation at hand. It could be the best hiding place in a dire situation. I mean, the enemies will most probably not think of searching there. As long as I'm not buried tho... Lol.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

I would never hide in a coffin because being confined in such a small space causes panic, anxiety, and claustrophobia in me. It is always preferable to avoid such situations.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

If my life depended on it, I could hide anywhere, including a coffin! Otherwise no. I wouldn't want to be mistaken for dead.
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

Um, yes, I was thinking that hiding in a coffin might actually be a good idea because it would be easier to hide from the soldiers. Then again, if discovered, it would be hard to escape since you're kind of trapped. They lost me when they started screwing the lids on. I don't think I could handle that part.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The Cursed by Beth Schluter

Post by Olga Markova »

I think if it were to come to survival, I could hide in a coffin - just looking at it pragmatically and cynically, after all it is simply a wooden box. It's us humans who attach a special creepy meaning to this box but then everyone ends in it regardless of the form of disposal of the deceased body. Continuing this macabre line of thought, I think it is creepier to think of burial than cremation if one were unfortunate enough to wake up in a coffin. But a coffin itself carried on a horse-led carriage with friends around is an "arrive-in-style" journey I think. :)
Fawmi FJumana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fawmi-fjumana.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Fawmi FJumana »

If that could save my life.... Yes! I would hide anywhere. But then again it would still feel too creepy and I might look for an alternative.
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Absolutely not, although I suppose we all might if it came down to life or death; meanwhile, I've never ever been up close to a coffin to say the least.
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Well, this depends with the circumstances at hand :lol: If I it's about saving my dear life, I will do it.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Fawmi Jumana wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 20:40 If that could save my life.... Yes! I would hide anywhere. But then again it would still feel too creepy and I might look for an alternative.
Haha, if its about your life I don't think you'll have time for a second thought
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Olga Markova wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 14:47 I think if it were to come to survival, I could hide in a coffin - just looking at it pragmatically and cynically, after all it is simply a wooden box. It's us humans who attach a special creepy meaning to this box but then everyone ends in it regardless of the form of disposal of the deceased body. Continuing this macabre line of thought, I think it is creepier to think of burial than cremation if one were unfortunate enough to wake up in a coffin. But a coffin itself carried on a horse-led carriage with friends around is an "arrive-in-style" journey I think. :)
:lol2: I will comfortably hide in a coffin, leave alone if its about life and death, but if that is the close object to me.
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Kansas City Teacher wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 14:06 Um, yes, I was thinking that hiding in a coffin might actually be a good idea because it would be easier to hide from the soldiers. Then again, if discovered, it would be hard to escape since you're kind of trapped. They lost me when they started screwing the lids on. I don't think I could handle that part.
Easy. Just pretend you have resurrected. No one will stand there :lol2:
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I would say yes as long as it isn't occupied with a dead body too. In the case given in the book, there is no question in my mind that I would do it to get out of danger.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I don't think I could hide in a coffin, even if my life depended on it. Just the thought of it makes me go breathless.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Discuss "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend”