Could you hide in a coffin?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2023 Book of the Month, "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=536190

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Could you hide in a coffin?

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

I like to have an open mind when it comes to questions like this. I've only seen in movies and read in book (like The Magician's Secret) where people get into coffins alive to escape from danger. I don't think I'd want to do that, as I could still eventually die for lack of oxygen. Matter of fact, Princess Jarla's reaction to Delvin's suggestion of smuggling the princesses out with a coffin would have also been how I'd react. It sounded ridiculous. But who knows what I would actually do if I was faced with that kind of danger? I pray I don't, though.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

It sounds creepy, but yes depending on the situation. I would do so only if the situation is an emergency and it could save my life.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Post by Akshi Porwal »

If I had no option, I would be okay with hiding in a coffin. Although, I would be worried the whole while about being buried accidentally or on purpose.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

A coffin is just a box. As long as I can be certain that I won't be buried alive, I have no problem whatsoever of hiding in a coffin. Maybe the small space would be a problem though. I have a hard time staying in one position for too long.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

My first thought was, no way! I would feel closed in and anxious. I would worry about running out of air. But then I thought, if that were the only way to stay alive and see my husband and children again, I would force myself to endure it.
Jerry Spencer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

If it is necessary, yes. I wouldn't waste time if it saves my life. It might feel a bit scary but fear doesn't matter when there's danger ahead. It's all part of the adventure.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I can’t imagine hiding in a coffin. It would be creepy and claustrophobic. However, if my survival depended on it, I think I would do it out of necessity. Still creepy though!
Brian Ruguru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicroy.html
Latest Review: Sunshine Snow Snowbird by Kenneth Bainey

Post by Brian Ruguru »

The thought of hiding in a coffin gives me mixed reactions. Part of me wants to make me laugh, while the other is petrified. However, given the magnitude of the danger, I most probably would.
Brian Ruguru
Currently Reading:

Post by Brian Ruguru »

Theresa Moffitt wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 09:25 I can’t imagine hiding in a coffin. It would be creepy and claustrophobic. However, if my survival depended on it, I think I would do it out of necessity. Still creepy though!
In a life or death situation, I think survival instincts would kick in and not hiding in a coffin would not be an option.
Brian Ruguru
Currently Reading:

Post by Brian Ruguru »

Zee_Zee wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 05:29 I like to have an open mind when it comes to questions like this. I've only seen in movies and read in book (like The Magician's Secret) where people get into coffins alive to escape from danger. I don't think I'd want to do that, as I could still eventually die for lack of oxygen. Matter of fact, Princess Jarla's reaction to Delvin's suggestion of smuggling the princesses out with a coffin would have also been how I'd react. It sounded ridiculous. But who knows what I would actually do if I was faced with that kind of danger? I pray I don't, though.
When faced with great danger, I guess our legs would react before our minds. We'd find ourselves in that "safe space" and later ask ourselves, " How did I get in there?"
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by britcott30 »

Of course I can, especially if I have to hide from someone who will murder me or someone will hurt me or something creepy like that. But if I don’t have to, I will never hide in a coffin.
marta baglioni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

If I knew someone I trust is ready to take me out at my signal, of course. Otherwise, I don't think I would: dying slowly trapped in a small space must be one of the worst deaths I could imagine. Moreover, I would only if the coffin had not been used before.
Eva Nyaburi
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

I would not think of hiding in a coffin unless my life depended on it and it was the only place available.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

NicRoy wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 10:19
Zee_Zee wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 05:29 I like to have an open mind when it comes to questions like this. I've only seen in movies and read in book (like The Magician's Secret) where people get into coffins alive to escape from danger. I don't think I'd want to do that, as I could still eventually die for lack of oxygen. Matter of fact, Princess Jarla's reaction to Delvin's suggestion of smuggling the princesses out with a coffin would have also been how I'd react. It sounded ridiculous. But who knows what I would actually do if I was faced with that kind of danger? I pray I don't, though.
When faced with great danger, I guess our legs would react before our minds. We'd find ourselves in that "safe space" and later ask ourselves, " How did I get in there?"
Well, I haven't been in that situation. Have you? If you have, could you tell me how you fared?
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

I think it depends on the situation and what is at stake. In a normal situation no, but where it is a matter of life and death, maybe I could consider.

Return to “Discuss "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend”