What Makes Magic

Use this forum to discuss the March 2023 Book of the Month, "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=536190

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Re: What Makes Magic

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

vI hold a different perspective, as I consider magic in real life to be closely associated with optical illusions. As a performer, if I manage to divert the crowd's attention to one thing, the actual trickery takes place simultaneously, but in an area where the audience is not looking.

Delvin's experiences with visions appear to align with the concept of manifestation: "If you speak it into existence, it will occur." However, it's worth noting that his visions serve as precursors to future events, yet they do not provide a complete picture of what is to come.

Fantasy books have the liberty to encompass various magical elements, solely dependent on the writer's imagination. The concept of magic can encompass abilities such as controlling people, manipulating elements, providing protection, and much more, limited only by the creativity of the author.
Susan Sadiq
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-sadiq.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Susan Sadiq »

The beauty of magic is the fact that nobody can predict where it is coming from. The source is always unknown. The mystery is what makes it so special.
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

If you believe in magic, the rest is... magic. With a strong mindset, you can make magic become reality.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

To me, magic encapsulates everything awe-inspiring – the extraordinary, the unforeseen, the startling, and the beyond-belief. When I hear "magic," my thoughts leap to the world of Harry Potter, particularly The Philosopher's Stone. However, within this book's realm, I perceive magic as the extraordinary powers unlocked within Delvin upon acquiring the Borlock stone. Moreover, magic extends to encompass the remarkable abilities possessed by fellow Magicians' Guild members.

Return to “Discuss "The Magician's Secret" by Charles Townsend”