Overall rating and opinion of "The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

Use this forum to discuss the April 2023 Book of the month, "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=505642

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Overall rating and opinion of "The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the April 2023 Book of the month, "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

Is anyone else completely put off by the cover of this book? For a book that talks about being your most authentic self, I find the cheesy salesperson picture really ironic. Is this the author? I personally would not trust this person. 
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I think the writing style was beautiful but I didn't like the cover of the book. I think this was what I liked least about the book. The book helped me in finding my most authentic self. I definitely recommend.
ViviVivid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Darlington O wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 03:39 I think the writing style was beautiful but I didn't like the cover of the book. I think this was what I liked least about the book. The book helped me in finding my most authentic self. I definitely recommend.
I was a bit skeptical about the book too looking at its cover. The title and cover do not match. But the book does seem like something you would learn a lot from. The author should try to change the cover to get more people to read the valuable message.
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

The Cover makes me think it is a science fictional book when in reality it is not. The book is good and is something that I would recommend to other readers. Most of the time we are not true to ourselves but Judgmental. This is a book that will give us balance and acceptance in life.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I noticed that the book’s foreword, dedication, and praises had taken up half of the sample. In the rest, much of it was the introduction. So, it did not give me any idea of even one of the principles mentioned by the author. I feel the author should consider including more content in the sample, so the reader can make an informed decision before purchasing this expensive book.
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Believe : A Poetry Collection by Denise Alicea

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Donna Walker 1 wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 23:07 Is anyone else completely put off by the cover of this book? For a book that talks about being your most authentic self, I find the cheesy salesperson picture really ironic. Is this the author? I personally would not trust this person. 
I feel the same way, I cannot take the book seriously because of the cover. I feel like I am trying to buy a car and the salesperson is promising me heaven and earth and we all know the car won't start once I pay for it.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Donna Walker 1 wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 23:07 Is anyone else completely put off by the cover of this book? For a book that talks about being your most authentic self, I find the cheesy salesperson picture really ironic. Is this the author? I personally would not trust this person. 
I felt that too. I would have had more faith if there was more content to read in the sample. I almost felt like the author was boasting with all the praises and build-up. I would still want to read the complete book to give it a fair rating.
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I agree with others about the cover art; it looks like a sales pitch, which is unappealing and made me skeptical. What I like about the book is its encouragement to take charge and responsibility for your life and not wallow in blaming circumstances or other people for your problems. That said, the ideas about thinking for yourself and breaking away from group influences are not new or original. I can think of other books with more workable and effective ways of accomplishing that.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I agree about the cover art of the book. The book itself is very encouraging and has good advice about making positive change but the cover of the book doesn’t really convey that.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

I really found this book helpful and it is a gem of wisdom that have gone back to a few times for guidance. The author offers his expertise in human and cognitive behavior in a relatable manner, which helps the reader connect and assume responsibility for their limited viewpoint of self. He talks about love and living true to oneself. I did not dislike anything about the book. It is a five out of five for me.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi is a book with an verifiable evidence of decades of research aim at helping us better understand life. I enjoyed every part of this book.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

I feel the cover is fitting. Authenticity is a game of chess. We wage a war of the intellect to bring out the best.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Darlington O wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 03:39 I think the writing style was beautiful but I didn't like the cover of the book. I think this was what I liked least about the book. The book helped me in finding my most authentic self. I definitely recommend.
I don’t seem to agree with you. What about the cover don’t you like? For me, the design sparks thoughts and reflection. It triggers the zeal to be better.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

I focused more on the intentional messages that are embedded in this book than what the book cover looked like. Although I agree that it made me a bit skeptical and the title and the book cover don't seem to pass same message, I am happy to understand and learn more about human behaviour.

Return to “Discuss "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi”