Did the title of the book do justice to it's content?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2023 Book of the month, "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=505642

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Did the title of the book do justice to it's content?

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

At first glance, I actually thought the book was about mathematics and science. However, I was really surprised and impressed to discover that the book holds philosophical arguments and viewpoints. Talking about the importance of upholding good moral principles and values and adopting some good beliefs as well.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I think that the title of the book did do Justice to its content and it was concentrated on equipping readers with the vital tools, knowledge and information needed for them to take control of their lives and improve their general quality of living.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

The title of the book did justice to the content. I was blown away by Tony's analogy of the human mind being like a computer, and our emotions are codes that program our minds. We source these codes from the media, peer pressure, our families, and other people we are surrounded by. That made total sense, and it is one of the concepts Tony (in my opinion) nailed right on the head.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Sophia_D_Ajayi wrote: 08 May 2023, 05:06 At first glance, I actually thought the book was about mathematics and science. However, I was really surprised and impressed to discover that the book holds philosophical arguments and viewpoints. Talking about the importance of upholding good moral principles and values and adopting some good beliefs as well.
I agree. I thought it was about computer coding. I was so impressed by the analogy of the human mind and emotions compared to reprogramming computers through coding. This book brightened my self-esteem and gave me valuable information to apply professionally and personally.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Savina Visintin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Savina Visintin »

I think the title is perfect for the book and that, together with the cover image, already makes you understand what it's about. I also believe that it is an original choice that clearly distinguishes it from other books of this genre.
Kirsti Friesen
Currently Reading: A wrinkle in time
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsti-friesen.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Kirsti Friesen »

I think the title did do the book justice. It really dove deep into what makes a person hide their authentic self and what they can do to bring their "unfakeable" self to the surface.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

The title intrigued me so I think it did a good job of making readers curious. This is important if people are to read the book. Getting people to give the book a chance is always the hardest part so I found the title to be perfect in doing this.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

In my opinion, the title of a book plays a crucial role in setting the expectations of the readers. A well-crafted title can give readers an idea of what to expect from the book and can help them decide whether or not to invest their time and money in it. In the case of the book in question, I believe that the title did justice to its content.

From my understanding, the book aimed to empower readers by providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and information to take control of their lives and improve their overall quality of living. The title of the book seems to reflect this objective accurately. It is concise, informative, and gives readers a clear idea of what they can expect from the book.
Trisana Hardin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trisana-hardin.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Trisana Hardin »

I'm honestly not sure. As much as the author presented its main ideas as a "code," I feel a lot of it was too abstract and individual specific for it to be an attainable code for everyone. I also think a lot of people have learned to "fake" thinking like this in order to be successful.
Vidhi Adhikari
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

While the content is quite compelling and useful, I do not believe that there is one code that works for everyone. Plus everyone interprets books in their own way. Hence I believe that the title choice could have been slightly better.
Shelby Ayres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I think the title "The Unfakeable Code" could've been so much better because it leads people to believe there is only one right way or only one path. One size doesn't fit all!
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Yes the title of the book did justice to it. I like the perspective the author is coming from and he delivered it perfectly.
Marissa Maniaci
Currently Reading: The King's Bargain
Bookshelf Size: 1722
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-maniaci.html
Latest Review: Preppers Medical Handbook by William W Forgey

Post by Marissa Maniaci »

That was actually part of what I disliked about this book. The title also led me to believe the book would be strongly based on science and psychology, and this was further supported by the introduction's analogies about computer programming and neurology. As a scientist, I was really hoping for the scientific approach and more step-by-step instructions about what to implement to make desired changes in my life. I was therefore disappointed when a lot of the book was more philosophical and spiritual in nature. I can see how this would be appealing to many readers, it just wasn't what I expected from the book based on the title and description, or what I was really interested in.
Susan Sadiq
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-sadiq.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Susan Sadiq »

The title of the book didn't do justice to it in ay way, shape, or form. The book was more than mathematics and science. The philosophical aspect was neglected while naming the book.
John Ikenwanze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-ikenwanze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by John Ikenwanze »

Yes yes. The book sure lives up to the title. Codes are scientific and mathwtixal tools. The book went all out on it.

Return to “Discuss "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi”