Overall rating and opinion of "The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

Use this forum to discuss the April 2023 Book of the month, "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=505642

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Jenipher Owino
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenipher-owino.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

Post by Jenipher Owino »

Am still around page 20 with my audible version and I can say it's an amazing book with alit of lessons to learn
Mehul P
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehul-p.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Mehul P »

I totally agree with other reviewers saying that the cover of the book is not what it should be. I don't know if the author had an ulterior motive to it. But it just doesn't add up. Honestly, the cover had me doubt my purchase of this book.
Mehul P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehul-p.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Mehul P »

An update.
I've successfully cracked the concept of this book by going through some reviews. I'm hoping for a thought-change. I think I'm giving this book a try. Cya:)
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

Living life on your own terms without minding people's perception of you is the best. At this point, one begins to imagine what true freedom feels like. This was a very relatable book. As humans, we need to be in total control of our lives and be accountable for our daily actions. There was nothing in this book that I disliked. It was an educative read.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I absolutely agree about the cover. It doesn't do justice to the book's thought-provoking message. The book itself conveys very important messages. Finding our true selves can change our lives forever.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

They say don't judge a book by its cover but in our line of business we know by now that the cover of a book is the first thing that attracts a reader, this one could be better.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

This book delves into contemporary challenges such as burnout, addiction, insecurities, and emotional equilibrium in a time heavily influenced by media and the projection of images. We often hide behind vivid masks, concealing the façade we craft for a spectrum of reasons—doubt, pain, low self-worth, shame, guilt, fear of judgment, insensitivity, infatuation, arrogance, narcissism, greed, and many more. Tony Selimi invites his readers to gradually recognize the masks they don, and subsequently, comprehend the reasons behind them. The quintessential aim of the 5 principles is to transcend these personas and embody authenticity regularly, free from fears of rejection, criticism, lack of love, misunderstanding, or non-acceptance. Achieving this, however, demands a profound self-understanding and unwavering commitment; there are no easy ways around it.

One element of this work that resonated deeply with me is the narrative of the author's journey. Despite facing bullying, societal obstacles, and even periods of homelessness, he acquired knowledge in many and diverse fields. He persistently evolved and refined his understanding. I also valued his exploration of the emotive persona as I saw reflections of such behaviors in myself, like succumbing to emotional outbursts over uncontrollable aspects. I'm grateful that the author extends support regardless of the challenges one is facing, asserting, for instance, that experiencing strong emotions is normal, even at the best of times. Hence, we are not alone and our feelings are shared by many. Indeed, resolving our emotional barricades demands effort, but Tony directed me to identify underlying causes to manage my emotions more effectively.

While the book is commendable, it does harbor a few shortcomings. For instance, the author frequently seizes opportunities to promote his other published works. The narrative is sprinkled with at least four references to his other books. While I applaud his success and his admirable mission to aid individuals in self-reflection, I found these mentions somewhat misplaced. Another section that didn't resonate with me was his discourse on the pandemic. He explains how he navigated through it by employing the principles described in the book. While it's praiseworthy that he could devise solutions to assist clients globally who were grappling with countless issues, offering virtual consultations and resolutions, I couldn't connect with his story. He swiftly adapted and uncovered avenues for continual growth, a feat unattainable for many people who were rendered jobless amid the pandemic.

"The Unfakeable Code®" stands out as a well-crafted and stimulating read, especially beneficial for those grappling with embracing their true selves. The book's coherent and uncomplicated style makes it universally approachable, transcending boundaries of race, gender, beliefs, and background. Whether you're a manager, parent, student, employee, self-employed, healthcare worker, or someone dealing with mental health issues, this book can be a beacon. Its blend of narratives, in-depth lessons, and personal anecdotes can serve as a compass guiding you toward self-discovery and psychological enhancement.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

There was a lot to learn from the book especially about human relationships. Having practiced a few things I got from the book, I must say the author did a good job. I was not so fond of the title at first but the book's content gets it a five out of five.

Return to “Discuss "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi”