Overall rating and opinion of "The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

Use this forum to discuss the April 2023 Book of the month, "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=505642

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

The book gets five stars from me out of five. I felt like I was floating along while learning since the writing was so fluid and flawless. That, in my opinion, is its strongest point. It is both charming and instructive. I would unquestionably suggest it to all of my friends.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

I love this motivational book as I believe we can be our true authentic selves. The blurb was really appealing. I appreciate that the author created five principles that can help us along the path of success.
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by britcott30 »

Donna Walker 1 wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 23:07 Is anyone else completely put off by the cover of this book? For a book that talks about being your most authentic self, I find the cheesy salesperson picture really ironic. Is this the author? I personally would not trust this person. 
Yes same here. I would prefer that there is no one on the book. For me it’s more assuring and not some kind a way like a sales on the front of the book
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

I appreicate the general message of the book and the research put into it. However, the amount of grammatical errors put me off and the book felt a bit repetetive to me.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

The cover did not bother me as much, but some of the personal stories Tony shares seem unrelated to reality. Tony mentions at the beginning of the book that his father gifted him a computer when he was young, but several fathers could not grant that privilege, and it almost sounded like a brag rather than an expression of gratitude.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

Darlington O wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 03:39 I think the writing style was beautiful but I didn't like the cover of the book. I think this was what I liked least about the book. The book helped me in finding my most authentic self. I definitely recommend.
I have finally started reading this book, and it's actually really good. The cover put me off for a long time. I do like his writing style too, but I find a lot of grammatical errors, which is also off-putting. It's a book that is going to take me some time to complete.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP

Post by Donna Walker »

Meghan Soderholm wrote: 09 May 2023, 12:05 The cover did not bother me as much, but some of the personal stories Tony shares seem unrelated to reality. Tony mentions at the beginning of the book that his father gifted him a computer when he was young, but several fathers could not grant that privilege, and it almost sounded like a brag rather than an expression of gratitude.
I agree! I noticed that too. It did come across as a little bit grandiose. I'm not sure I'd actually like the author if we met in real life, but I am going to continue reading to see what value I can take away from this book.
Kara_Conway
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kara-conway.html
Latest Review: Unspeakable Acts (New Edition) by Janet Leigh Green

Post by Kara_Conway »

Donna Walker wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 23:07 Is anyone else completely put off by the cover of this book? For a book that talks about being your most authentic self, I find the cheesy salesperson picture really ironic. Is this the author? I personally would not trust this person. 

I completely agree! I did the audiobook, which was worse in my opinion, but the whole salesman image is very offputting.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Overall, I rated the book 4 out of 5 stars. Content-wise, I learned a lot from reading this book. The information is valuable and applicable to any obstacle. I had to deduct a star because I found several grammatical errors, so the book was not professionally edited.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP

Post by Donna Walker »

Kara_Conway wrote: 19 May 2023, 08:32
Donna Walker wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 23:07 Is anyone else completely put off by the cover of this book? For a book that talks about being your most authentic self, I find the cheesy salesperson picture really ironic. Is this the author? I personally would not trust this person. 

I completely agree! I did the audiobook, which was worse in my opinion, but the whole salesman image is very offputting.
Omg! You just made me laugh out loud! I can only imagine what his voice sounds like. Is it self-narrated? 
Kara_Conway
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kara-conway.html
Latest Review: Unspeakable Acts (New Edition) by Janet Leigh Green

Post by Kara_Conway »

I don’t remember but he sounds really pompous!
Kirsti Friesen
Currently Reading: A wrinkle in time
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsti-friesen.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Kirsti Friesen »

I gave the book at 3 out of 5 because I thought the cover was a little ridiculous. I saw the book for review and passed it up, then I went back and decided to give it a try. He is a salesperson of his own books technically, but the cover is definitely off-putting. I also found he used a lot of the same words making the book repetitive. However, he made a lot of great points of self-reflection and finding your true self. I did like the questions at the end of the chapters and found them helpful. Overall, a good self-help book.
Davy Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davy-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Small Business, Big Stress: A Practical Guide to Managing the Chaos and Finding Success by Niki Reiche

Post by Davy Ifedigbo »

I focused more on the hidden messages embedded within this book rather than its external presentation. Although I recognize that the book cover raised doubts, and the title and cover may not convey a consistent message, I take pleasure in acquiring a profound comprehension of human conduct.
Kirsti Friesen
Currently Reading: A wrinkle in time
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsti-friesen.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Kirsti Friesen »

I think the message that the author was trying to convey is a strong one and delivered quite well. He made you think hard about why you came to be the person you are and how to fix your insecurities. Finding my true authentic self was hard, but the questions at the end of each chapter were very helpful.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

The cover seems a bit childish so it may put off some people. I like the message of the book, especially about self-belief and jumping out of your comfort zone. I would recommend this book to people who need a boost to their self-confidence as it seems like it would help.

Return to “Discuss "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi”