Overall rating and opinion of "The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

Use this forum to discuss the April 2023 Book of the month, "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=505642

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Unfakeable Code®" by Tony Jeton Selimi.

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

I seldom pay real attention to the cover, so I wouldn't have noticed it being improper if the people here hadn't mentioned it. The contents of the sample, however, were interesting and deep. I had to stop and think at every line. Understanding life starts with understanding ourselves and that takes a lot of time and effort. I feel the book is worth reading for self-development.
Faith Stacy Leon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

As much as I wasn't really impressed with the cover page of this book, it was an educative read considering that it talked about the cognitive behavior of we, humans. Above all, the book's content would have been more detailed about the subject.
Marissa Maniaci
Currently Reading: The King's Bargain
Bookshelf Size: 1722
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-maniaci.html
Latest Review: Preppers Medical Handbook by William W Forgey

Post by Marissa Maniaci »

I actually had major issues with how the author spoke about mental illness throughout the book. He made several comments about how not embracing our authentic selves feeds into various mental disorders like anxiety, depression, OCD, ADHD, narcissism, and suicide. I found this to be very offensive, as I felt he was trivializing mental illnesses and reducing them from valid medical and psychological conditions to something self-imposed and easily remedied by his process. I was especially concerned when he mentioned his one life-coaching client that was seeking his help for alcoholism and drug addiction, and who admitted he wanted to harm the author or anyone else that disagreed with him. He talked about how his life-coaching made a difference in that client's life and addressing those issues, which I feel was an inappropriate reach for his credentials, and potentially dangerous if this client had expressed he was a potential risk to others.

I agree that this book could be a valuable tool for personal improvement when it comes to personal, relationship, business, and financial matters, but I thought claiming it could treat mental illness or medical conditions was a harmful claim to make.

Did anyone else find fault with this? Did anyone else interpret these portions of the book in a different way?
Andrea Quinn
Favorite Book: We Are the Luckiest
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrea-quinn.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Andrea Quinn »

Donna Walker wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 23:07 Is anyone else completely put off by the cover of this book? For a book that talks about being your most authentic self, I find the cheesy salesperson picture really ironic. Is this the author? I personally would not trust this person. 
I agree, I was put off by the cover of "The Unfakeable Code." At first, I thought it seemed a little egotistical to have an enormous picture of yourself on the cover. The book was pretty decent, though. Definitely can't judge a book by its cover. :wink2:

Happy Reading
Andrea
If I can't bring a book, I'm not going. :techie-studyingbrown:
Coffee, Mascara, and Hustle

Drea3132.com
Christopher Sublett
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopher-sublett.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christopher Sublett »

The most important message that this book revealed, in my opinion, is to just be yourself everyday, authentically, and the universe will accept who you are for what you represent in life in regards to your beliefs, values, character, freedom of expression and meaningful contributions to society that you create. Remember, there can only be one you even if you have a twin!
Christopher Sublett
Reviewer@OnlineBookClub.org
:bookclub-square:
Follow
http://twitter.com/ChrisRSublett
http://pinterest.com/christopher_sublett
http://linkedin.com/in/chris-sublett
http://facebook.com/christopher.sublett.77

http://tumblr.com/christophersublett
WildThings
Currently Reading: Dopamine Detox
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildthings.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by WildThings »

ViviVivid wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 15:14
Darlington O wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 03:39 I think the writing style was beautiful but I didn't like the cover of the book. I think this was what I liked least about the book. The book helped me in finding my most authentic self. I definitely recommend.
I was a bit skeptical about the book too looking at its cover. The title and cover do not match. But the book does seem like something you would learn a lot from. The author should try to change the cover to get more people to read the valuable message.
Everyone is talking about the cover being the main disappointment. And to be honest, I'm guilty of judging this book by its cover. But now that I've read about how the cover doesn't justify the book, I'll definitely read it and try not to do this again :D
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Girls in the Hall by Tony Andras
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I did not like the cover, at all. The author should consider changing it. The cover of the book is very important in the choosing of the book. People will skip right over it thinking that it is about another subject. The book, finding your true or authentic self, was wonderfully written, but does not fit with the cover of the book.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
FunkyFlowerLady
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Upon first glance at the book's cover, I was also a little dubious. The cover and title do not coincide. However, it does seem like you would learn a lot from the book. To encourage more people to read the important message, the author ought to try changing the cover.
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Tony Jeton Selimi's book "The Unfakeable Code" contains verifiable information from decades of research that aims to improve our understanding of life. I believe I thoroughly appreciated this book.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

Personally, I didn't link the subject matter to the title or cover. The title on second thought still related a little, given the author's background in computers.

After reading the book, I thought several of the passages were repetitive and the stages weren't adequately described. I was still motivated to finish the book because it covered issues related to human behavior and the challenges therein. I would like to give credit to the author for addressing important issues that have given me some food for thought.

The sheer number of inaccuracies was the main turnoff for me. I think that the book could benefit greatly from a comprehensive editing process. This would involve correcting typos and formatting issues, and improving the section on the five steps. To better focus on the subject matter, it is advisable to remove any self-promotion.
TebogoM
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-baloyi.html

Post by TebogoM »

I love the writing structure of the book, the cover design looks like a science fiction book while the book is not science fiction. I like the book because it teaches you to learn from your mistake and not blame others for your mistakes.
Mikespice Mike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikespice-mike.html
Latest Review: Words of Encouragement by Robert Brantley

Post by Mikespice Mike »

So far am around page 20 and what I can say is I can't let the book go from my hands... It's very interesting and amazing
Imperfection is beauty madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous.
Melody Otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melody-otieno.html
Latest Review: Ain’t She Pretty by Barry J Kughn

Post by Melody Otieno »

This book deserves a well 5 stars without any doubt belive me not the book is one of its kind
Zippy Kerubo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zippy-kerubo.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Zippy Kerubo »

The inside message is more important and I think all reader should try to read the book first
WildThings
Currently Reading: Dopamine Detox
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildthings.html

Post by WildThings »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 12:33 I noticed that the book’s foreword, dedication, and praises had taken up half of the sample. In the rest, much of it was the introduction. So, it did not give me any idea of even one of the principles mentioned by the author. I feel the author should consider including more content in the sample, so the reader can make an informed decision before purchasing this expensive book.
That is true. The author took too long to get to the core point of the book. And the meaningful message was somehow lost in all the other factors.

Return to “Discuss "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi”