Breaking Free from the Comfort Zone: Embracing Discomfort for Authentic Growth

Use this forum to discuss the April 2023 Book of the month, "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=505642

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Nate Mosson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nate-mosson.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Re: Breaking Free from the Comfort Zone: Embracing Discomfort for Authentic Growth

Post by Nate Mosson »

This is a great question!
My strategy is that when I have a goal to achieve, and I find myself considering why the goal can't be met, I recognize that I'm being overly reasonable about what is possible and that I've limited myself by doing that. Sometimes, to achieve something, I have to be utterly unreasonable about getting it done and not let my usual considerations get in my way. Sure, be logical. But don't be reasonable. If you think you can or you think you can't - you're probably right!
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

Our fears keep us from achieving our full potential. Imagine someone being afraid of facing an audience despite being an expert in his/her field of study. If they never face that fear, they will never be able to achieve the growth they deserve. Their potential will be lost unless they face their vulnerability and take a step to overcome the fear.

This applies to all of us and for every fear that is keep us bound.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Christine Palmer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-palmer.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Christine Palmer »

I was coached that the fear and uncertainty you feel, it is how you know you are growing. It is proof that you are pushing your limits. When you don't feel that underlying rush, you are bored and stuck.

RJ Reviews wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 08:31 Our fears keep us from achieving our full potential. Imagine someone being afraid of facing an audience despite being an expert in his/her field of study. If they never face that fear, they will never be able to achieve the growth they deserve. Their potential will be lost unless they face their vulnerability and take a step to overcome the fear.

This applies to all of us and for every fear that is keep us bound.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I think that avoiding discomfort even when it is obviously in existence is unhelpful. When we accept the discomfort, we work towards changing the situation rather than avoiding this. This aids growth.

Return to “Discuss "The Unfakeable Code®: Take Back Control, Lead Authentically and Live Freely on Your Terms" by Tony Jeton Selimi”