Which is better - mystery or thriller? (Apr '23)

For April 2023, we will be reading Mystery/Thriller books.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Which is better - mystery or thriller? (Apr '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Which genre do you think is better - mystery or thriller? What makes one better than the other? Or do you enjoy both genres in one book?

:bookclub:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I really like psychological thrillers. There's something about the thrill of finding out what's going inside a person's head that is exciting for me!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 08 Apr 2023, 21:58 Which genre do you think is better - mystery or thriller? What makes one better than the other? Or do you enjoy both genres in one book?

I think both of them are better. But in my opinion, the mystery is better and nice for me because it was full of mystery and solving crimes or puzzles or any other logical thinking. But mostly, I enjoyed reading both genres. I read the book "The Sundown Motel" by Simone St. James and the book is both mystery and a thriller and I enjoyed it:D
Heidi M Simone
Currently Reading:

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Nielly Rose Sutacio wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 04:27
Heidi M Simone wrote: 08 Apr 2023, 21:58 Which genre do you think is better - mystery or thriller? What makes one better than the other? Or do you enjoy both genres in one book?

I think both of them are better. But in my opinion, the mystery is better and nice for me because it was full of mystery and solving crimes or puzzles or any other logical thinking. But mostly, I enjoyed reading both genres. I read the book "The Sundown Motel" by Simone St. James and the book is both mystery and a thriller and I enjoyed it:D
Solving a mystery is a lot of fun, and I like this genre, too!

I've never heard of The Sundown Motel, but it sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out! Thank you for the recommendation!
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 20:19
Nielly Rose Sutacio wrote: 15 Apr 2023, 04:27

Solving a mystery is a lot of fun, and I like this genre, too!

I've never heard of The Sundown Motel, but it sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out! Thank you for the recommendation!
You're welcome:)
Jae Jae 1
Favorite Book: Misery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jae-jae-1.html
Latest Review: Entrepreneurship: 5 Best Practices for Stay-At-Home-Moms who want to start an Online Business by Joy Jennings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Jae Jae 1 »

Choosing one, for me, is a difficult thing to do. I love mysteries - solving the crime and trying to guess the culprit, but on the other hand, thrillers - psychological ones, especially- can be really fascinating as well. The thrill of getting to know what a character is thinking and also knowing that you might not be able to guess the full extent of what's going on in their minds until the revealing hour is exciting. So, thriller for me.

Return to “April 2023 Genre Discussion”