What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.

Your Favorite Dr. Seuss Book

1. The Cat in the Hat
18%
2. Green Eggs and Ham
35%
3. Horton Hears a Who
6%
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
12%
5. The Butter Battle Book
No votes
6. Oh, the Places You’ll Go
24%
7. Bartholomew and the Oobleck
No votes
8. The Lorax
6%
9. Dr. Seuss’s ABC
No votes
10. The Sneetches and Other Stories
No votes

Total votes: 17

MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Post by MsH2k »

I loved/love reading Dr. Seuss books. I had not considered which was my favorite until I got this huge smile on my face thinking about reciting Green Eggs and Ham with Donny and Mary Grace on the plane. It was then that I realized this was my favorite of all the Dr. Seuss books I have read.

Which is yours? According to becomeawritertoday.com, here are the 10 best Dr. Seuss books. Vote for your favorite, or tell us in the comments if yours is not on the list.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Shally Z
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shally-z.html
Latest Review: Things that bite in the Night by Deborah Tant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shally Z »

I love all Dr Seuss books so it's hard to pick just one! But If I had to choose, then I'd say How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I remember watching the movie nearly every Christmas while I was growing up.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Shally Z wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 20:32 I love all Dr Seuss books so it's hard to pick just one! But If I had to choose, then I'd say How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I remember watching the movie nearly every Christmas while I was growing up.
That story was a close second on my list. Watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas was also a Christmas tradition in my household when I was growing up and when my kids were young as well. If Donny and Mary Grace were reading this story on the plane, I would have joined in reciting it too!
Rosa Parks
Shally Z
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shally-z.html
Latest Review: Things that bite in the Night by Deborah Tant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shally Z »

MsH2k wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 18:22
Shally Z wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 20:32 I love all Dr Seuss books so it's hard to pick just one! But If I had to choose, then I'd say How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I remember watching the movie nearly every Christmas while I was growing up.
That story was a close second on my list. Watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas was also a Christmas tradition in my household when I was growing up and when my kids were young as well. If Donny and Mary Grace were reading this story on the plane, I would have joined in reciting it too!
Yes, it's such a Christmas classic but I wouldn't mind a some Green Eggs and Ham on the side :lol:
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Alice Fu »

my favorite one was definitely Green Eggs and Ham. It's not necessarily the best written one, but its the one I recall reading the most. I also really liked Hop on Top
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Alice Fu wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 17:12 my favorite one was definitely Green Eggs and Ham. It's not necessarily the best written one, but its the one I recall reading the most. I also really liked Hop on Top
I think Green Eggs and Ham was my mom's favorite too. 🍳 I remember having so much fun when she read it to me when I was a kid. I couldn't believe Sam I Am kept asking! :D
Rosa Parks
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

This particular book, “Mary and Donny grace adventure,” has been my favorite book produced by Dr. Seuss.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I have read any book listed above but from the comment I will decided which to check out first the come back to leave a comment.
Dauria04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

MsH2k wrote: 18 May 2023, 17:52 I loved/love reading Dr. Seuss books. I had not considered which was my favorite until I got this huge smile on my face thinking about reciting Green Eggs and Ham with Donny and Mary Grace on the plane. It was then that I realized this was my favorite of all the Dr. Seuss books I have read.

Which is yours? According to becomeawritertoday.com, here are the 10 best Dr. Seuss books. Vote for your favorite, or tell us in the comments if yours is not on the list.
I was going to say that I didn't know who Dr. Seuss was but after seeing those titles I definitely know some of his stories! I think I've only read "The Cat in the Hat" when I was little, but I do love the Grinch as a character.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Dauria04 wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 08:35
MsH2k wrote: 18 May 2023, 17:52 I loved/love reading Dr. Seuss books. I had not considered which was my favorite until I got this huge smile on my face thinking about reciting Green Eggs and Ham with Donny and Mary Grace on the plane. It was then that I realized this was my favorite of all the Dr. Seuss books I have read.

I was going to say that I didn't know who Dr. Seuss was but after seeing those titles I definitely know some of his stories! I think I've only read "The Cat in the Hat" when I was little, but I do love the Grinch as a character.
My favorite character from How the Grinch Stole Christmas is "little Cindy Lou Who, who was no more than two." :D
Rosa Parks
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

I haven't read any of the books. After reading Donny and Mary Grace's California adventures, this was one regret I had. All the characters in the story have read Dr Seuss books, while I haven't.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Ivy_Nesty28 wrote: 14 Jun 2023, 01:27 I haven't read any of the books. After reading Donny and Mary Grace's California adventures, this was one regret I had. All the characters in the story have read Dr Seuss books, while I haven't.
It’s never too late to enjoy a Dr. Seuss book! :) If you do a Google search, you may find free print options available for some of the most popular books. Or perhaps you can access this YouTube link for Green Eggs and Ham with the full story. Happy reading!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdotPwVJYzs
Rosa Parks
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

I've not read much of his book tho, so I will not partake in the vote for now. Maybe later I'll vote on which is my best.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Post by Sam Ibeh »

I am not a fan of Dr. Seuss and his books. Even when it came up on the flight, it did not strike any special chord. I saw it as part of what the author used to fill up the story. Maybe, I'll start my journey with Green Eggs and Ham.
Rosandra Hosein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

I loved The Cat in the Hat but my favorite is definitely Horton Hears a Who. I honestly didn't know there were others besides those until reading this book.
Rosandra Hosein

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”