What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

Cheryl Erickson wrote: 02 May 2023, 09:13 My dad also taught me to stay positive, and I like the quote, "I can't control what happens to me, but I can control my reaction."
I believe in that quote as well. We can plan for our lives, but we can never be sure of the outcomes. But then we can still manage our reactions to whatever the outcome is.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Vincent Nyabwari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vincent-nyabwari.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Vincent Nyabwari »

My mantra is that we only live once. So, I always do what's best for me and live in the moment, because tomorrow is not guaranteed.
Vincent Nyabwari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vincent-nyabwari.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Vincent Nyabwari »

SoniaGonzalez wrote: 01 May 2023, 20:11 I don't have a mantra, but I like to remind myself that "you do not need to be perfect or do it perfectly to be excellent". I've had some issues because I am too critic with myself, and I need the reminder that perfection is not the goal and doing something "good" or "great" or "amazingly" is enough.
This is a nice one! I've taken something from this and I've learned that I don't have to beat myself if things don't work out.
Romeo Aiyabei
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romeo-aiyabei.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Romeo Aiyabei »

I don't have a particular pep talk but I have two main things I remind myself often

One is stay persistent. No matter what it is, whether it's loosing weight, getting good grades, building my savings account, I won't see any progress without persistence. Persistence is key to reaching my goals.

I also like to remind myself to take leaps and risks sometimes. Sometimes you have to do scary things to move forward in life and to make your life better. I always say, I'd rather regret doing something than regret doing nothing, as long as it's not something extremely dangerous of course!
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

My mantra or motto is : "Jo ho rha hai, sab acche ke liye ho rha hai." It means Whatever is happening is happening for the best.
It's a motto to live every day positively and being grateful for any kind of situation.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Romeo Aiyabei wrote: 06 May 2023, 22:48 I don't have a particular pep talk but I have two main things I remind myself often

One is stay persistent. No matter what it is, whether it's loosing weight, getting good grades, building my savings account, I won't see any progress without persistence. Persistence is key to reaching my goals.

I also like to remind myself to take leaps and risks sometimes. Sometimes you have to do scary things to move forward in life and to make your life better. I always say, I'd rather regret doing something than regret doing nothing, as long as it's not something extremely dangerous of course!
They're amazing keys to remind one of. Persistence, taking risks, and leaving no room for regret.
If we don't persist then we won't ever reach our goals and without taking risk nothing new ever started.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Vincent Nyabwari wrote: 06 May 2023, 14:05 My mantra is that we only live once. So, I always do what's best for me and live in the moment, because tomorrow is not guaranteed.
Living in the moment and live each day as the best day of our life. Great mantra to live by Vincent.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Donna Walker 1 wrote: 02 May 2023, 17:29 I really love Donnies mantra.

Every morning I say to myself, "The only true currency we have in life is the effect we have on those around us." It reminds me to be kind to everyone because you never know what others are going through.
That's real currency that stays forever with us. Amazing words to live each day by. I think it also reminds one to respect others.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Chinemezu Okafor wrote: 03 May 2023, 02:58 To be honest, I don't have a particular mantra. But if I have a particular task that is difficult, I usually tell myself that I can do anything which I want to do and also that I can achieve anything.
I can do it! Yes, you can!
Nothing is impossible. This one mantra has the encouragement needed for anything that feels difficult
Wonderful Mantra Chinemezu! It is something that everyone can add to their day.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love reading all your pep talks and mantra here. When I'm having a bad day, it's so easy to go back to this thread and remind myself all of what you said. Thank you so much for pouring your thoughts here. I appreciate YOU all!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Davy Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davy-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Small Business, Big Stress: A Practical Guide to Managing the Chaos and Finding Success by Niki Reiche

Post by Davy Ifedigbo »

I don't have a particular mantra, but I constantly remind myself to be patient while I work through whatever it is that I am now dealing with. I believe those that wait will benefit greatly.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Davy Ifedigbo wrote: 07 May 2023, 08:18 I don't have a particular mantra, but I constantly remind myself to be patient while I work through whatever it is that I am now dealing with. I believe those that wait will benefit greatly.
It sounds that Patience is your Mantra. A very important and incredibly useful one, too.
Eleni Antonopoulou
Currently Reading: Assassin's Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleni-antonopoulou.html
Latest Review: Story, Story by Alicia Marsland

Post by Eleni Antonopoulou »

I don't think it is half as good as Donny's mantra... but when something goes wrong I find myself saying: "Everything happens for a reason" :romance-wub:
When you can't beat the odds... Change the game. 🖤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
No mourners. No funerals. 💰 🗡️ 🎲 💣 🥞 🐺
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

When people say me “it could be better”, I always ask “could it be worse?” Answer uses to be a surprised “yes” and I always answer “then let’s be positive about it”.
Bianca Morano
Favorite Book: White Nights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianca-morano.html
Latest Review: High Clowder Cats by Ruby Knight

Post by Bianca Morano »

I'm in the same boat as your daily mantra Hazel, I like it. Practicing gratitude and appreciating yourself is helpful for getting through the day. I really resonated with this belief. Even though I don't verbally state these words, I affirm these beliefs inside my head every time to make myself move forward.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”