What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

In the book, Donny was so optimistic and lively. He has a morning mantra, which is, "Today is the best day of my life." For you, what is your morning mantra if you have or maybe a pep talk?
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

I don't have a particular mantra, but my pep talk to myself is usually about being patient with whatever I'm dealing with. I believe that all good things come to those who wait. What is yours, Hazel?
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

FunkyFlowerLady wrote: 01 May 2023, 06:38 I don't have a particular mantra, but my pep talk to myself is usually about being patient with whatever I'm dealing with. I believe that all good things come to those who wait. What is yours, Hazel?
I agree with you. Being patient and positive, no matter what, is something I strongly believe in. If one can do that, I think life's biggest challenges seem small. It may get difficult at times, but keeping the faith that "this too shall pass" is what keeps me in good spirits. :)
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Mine is, "Keep your eye on the mountain." In other words, don't let life's ups and downs interfere with my persistence to reach my goals.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

Patty Allread wrote: 01 May 2023, 10:53 Mine is, "Keep your eye on the mountain." In other words, don't let life's ups and downs interfere with my persistence to reach my goals.
Mine is similar to Patty's - "see the big picture". Not so inspirational though but gives a better view and perspective than looking under one's feet :). And I also liked Donny's mantra about the best day, something to consider adopting for sure! :)
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

FunkyFlowerLady wrote: 01 May 2023, 06:38 I don't have a particular mantra, but my pep talk to myself is usually about being patient with whatever I'm dealing with. I believe that all good things come to those who wait. What is yours, Hazel?
Hi FunkyFlowerLady, I love your pep talk. I am also practicing that trait with myself.

My mantra is this, "Life is easy. Life is so good. All good things come to me." Aside from my constant morning prayers, my pep talk is something funny, which is" I am beautiful", haha because I am insecure most of the time. I need that pep talk.😍
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

I don't have a mantra, but I like to remind myself that "you do not need to be perfect or do it perfectly to be excellent". I've had some issues because I am too critic with myself, and I need the reminder that perfection is not the goal and doing something "good" or "great" or "amazingly" is enough.
FunkyFlowerLady
Currently Reading:

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 01 May 2023, 17:38
Hi FunkyFlowerLady, I love your pep talk. I am also practicing that trait with myself.

My mantra is this, "Life is easy. Life is so good. All good things come to me." Aside from my constant morning prayers, my pep talk is something funny, which is" I am beautiful", haha because I am insecure most of the time. I need that pep talk.😍
Practising gratitude is good. I hope you feel more confident in yourself soon. We are queens and we need to be our own biggest cheerleaders.
FunkyFlowerLady
Currently Reading:

Nisha DSouza wrote: 01 May 2023, 08:42
I agree with you. Being patient and positive, no matter what, is something I strongly believe in. If one can do that, I think life's biggest challenges seem small. It may get difficult at times, but keeping the faith that "this too shall pass" is what keeps me in good spirits. :)
This too shall pass is a great reminder of the power of God. Have a good day!
FunkyFlowerLady
Currently Reading:

SoniaGonzalez wrote: 01 May 2023, 20:11 I don't have a mantra, but I like to remind myself that "you do not need to be perfect or do it perfectly to be excellent". I've had some issues because I am too critic with myself, and I need the reminder that perfection is not the goal and doing something "good" or "great" or "amazingly" is enough.
This is so relatable. I often deal with perfectionism in my line of work, and convincing myself doing good enough is fine, is hard. This is a war that we've to constantly fight in life.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

Although I do not have a specific mantra, I frequently tell myself to be patient while dealing with whatever it is that I am currently facing. I think those who wait will receive wonderful things.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I don't have anything related but I believe a strong firm of belief in oneself can go a long way in getting your wonderful things.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I remember my grandma's favorite saying, "Give to the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you." My dad also taught me to stay positive, and I like the quote, "I can't control what happens to me, but I can control my reaction."
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Just like other poster, I don’t have a mantra. I do have to constantly tell myself that everyone doesn’t think like me and that’s OK. I also frequently tell myself that most people are just frustrated and they don’t really mean what they say to me.
Saima Rahman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saima-rahman.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore

Post by Saima Rahman »

I remind myself everyday that everything happens for a reason and there is goodness all around you. You put goodness out into the world and it will always find you.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”