What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Re: What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Bianca Morano wrote: 07 May 2023, 23:29 I'm in the same boat as your daily mantra Hazel, I like it. Practicing gratitude and appreciating yourself helps get through the day. I resonated with this belief. Even though I don't verbally state these words, I affirm these beliefs inside my head every time to make myself move forward.
That means we have something in common. Thank you so much for sharing your life's mantra, Bianca. I love hearing all your thoughts and opinions.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
CrossK
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

My daily mantra which I constantly repeat to myself is “You must believe in yourself.” Personally I am of the conviction that no matter the hardship and difficulties life throws at you you must rise above them through unquenchable self-belief and will.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

Not exactly a mantra, but I liked to remind myself that 'Today I have to better than I am yesterday'. And before went to sleep, I reflect what I did, 'Did I do better?' If not, better try harder tommorrow.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

My aunt actually taught me mine very recently. Whenever I feel nervous or anxious (which is almost always lol) I just have to say "I'm not scared of you," and it works wonders!
Savina Visintin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Savina Visintin »

I do not have a mantra, but I try to be positive and happy during the day. What helps me in particular is to feel gratitude for the things and people I have in my life, and I usually thank them at the end of the day.
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

I have no such daily motivational talk like Donny. It is one of the reason why I think that Donny acts as a role model for others. Sometimes when I'm really stressed about something, I tend to say that "It is going to be okay", to help myself.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

The quote from Eleanor Roosevelt I have in my signature. “Yesterday’s history, tomorrow’s a mystery, but today is a gift, and that's why we call it the present.” Every day above ground is a great day. All we need to do is take it one day at a time.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Meghan Soderholm wrote: 24 May 2023, 10:25 The quote from Eleanor Roosevelt I have in my signature. “Yesterday’s history, tomorrow’s a mystery, but today is a gift, and that's why we call it the present.” Every day above ground is a great day. All we need to do is take it one day at a time.
I thought Kung Fu Panda Movies Oogway was the one who said this quote. When he talks to the sad-eating Po and tells him this and then disappears in the pink petals, a goosebump moment for me.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Kavita Shah wrote: 28 May 2023, 11:57
Meghan Soderholm wrote: 24 May 2023, 10:25 The quote from Eleanor Roosevelt I have in my signature. “Yesterday’s history, tomorrow’s a mystery, but today is a gift, and that's why we call it the present.” Every day above ground is a great day. All we need to do is take it one day at a time.
I thought Kung Fu Panda Movies Oogway was the one who said this quote. When he talks to the sad-eating Po and tells him this and then disappears in the pink petals, a goosebump moment for me.
He did but, Eleanor Roosevelt said the original quote before they wrote it in Kung Fu Panda. It is one of my favorite scenes in the movie too.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Meghan Soderholm wrote: 28 May 2023, 12:04
Kavita Shah wrote: 28 May 2023, 11:57
He did but, Eleanor Roosevelt said the original quote before they wrote it in Kung Fu Panda. It is one of my favorite scenes in the movie too.
Noted. Adding it to my mental "Did you know" list.
High Five! 🖐The Movie is my all time Kungfu animation favorites followed by Cars series, and last but not the least, Despicable me(1,2,3).
Naghma Qureshi
Currently Reading: The Whole-Brain Child
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naghma-qureshi.html
Latest Review: Odonata The Flying Jewel of Maiden Grass Pond by Barbara Gervais Ciancimino

Post by Naghma Qureshi »

Reading about Donny and the way he used to say out loud, upon waking up every day - "Today is the best day of my life." was truly inspiring.
I don't have an everyday ritual to say this, but I do have two mantras that I often tell myself. I say, "Every day in every way, I am getting better and better" at almost anytime when I feel like it, mostly in the mornings during exercising or meditating. The second one I mostly breathe in and say when I am having self-doubt - "I can do it. I've overcome many challenges before. I can do this too."
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

My pep talk or mantra is "Yesterday was hard on all of us." It makes me be hopeful for better days in the future while also acknowledging the hardships one faces is felt by many others across the world.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

FunkyFlowerLady wrote: 01 May 2023, 22:14
Nisha DSouza wrote: 01 May 2023, 08:42
FunkyFlowerLady wrote: 01 May 2023, 06:38 I don't have a particular mantra, but my pep talk to myself is usually about being patient with whatever I'm dealing with. I believe that all good things come to those who wait. What is yours, Hazel?
I agree with you. Being patient and positive, no matter what, is something I strongly believe in. If one can do that, I think life's biggest challenges seem small. It may get difficult at times, but keeping the faith that "this too shall pass" is what keeps me in good spirits. :)
This too shall pass is a great reminder of the power of God. Have a good day!
This is an amazing quote that has gotten me through some hard times.
Leasa Ana Maria
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Devil Pulls the Strings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leasa-ana-maria.html
Latest Review: 28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir by Poppy Mortimer

Post by Leasa Ana Maria »

Every day I tell myself "You can do it and if you don't it means you don't really want it"
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

Sonia_Gonzalez wrote: 01 May 2023, 20:11 I don't have a mantra, but I like to remind myself that "you do not need to be perfect or do it perfectly to be excellent". I've had some issues because I am too critic with myself, and I need the reminder that perfection is not the goal and doing something "good" or "great" or "amazingly" is enough.
This is a lovely sentiment. Many people are so focused on perfection, so remembering that it's not the expectation all the time is amazing!

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”