What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Storm+
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future by Martha R. Bireda

Re: What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Post by Storm+ »

I am not consistent about actually "telling" myself by mantra each day, nor is my mantra consistently the same, but my current mantra is essentially that "No day is wasted in which you have learned something new."
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

I get up in the mornings and quote this scripture, "This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." We must always get with a positive mindset and more often than not it will manifest throughout the rest of the day.
Zainab Wasif
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainab-wasif.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by Zainab Wasif »

I am blessed and there are a lot of things I need to be happy and thankful for. I need to spread happiness around.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I don't have a specific daily mantra. But I like these two affirmations: "Don't count the days, make the day count" and "live every day to its fullest, like it was the last".
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I don't have a specific daily mantra. But I like these two affirmations: "Don't count the days, make the day count" and "live every day to its fullest, like it was the last".
Susan Sadiq
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-sadiq.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Susan Sadiq »

I do not have a mantra but I try to be calm and calculated in all situations. I don't let what i can't control bother me. I enjoy being practical as it helps having a cool head most times.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

This was relayed to me by my sister, who said she heard it from a local media personality in our country. It says something like this: "Each gising is a blessing." Gising means "awake" in our language. It rhymes with blessing, so it stayed with me even though I am not religious and do not follow the local media figure who said it. But for me, every waking day is a gift. On terrible days, it reminds me that there is always a possibility to turn a bad day into a good one. And I am grateful every day for the great force (a supreme being or maybe the universe, depending on one's beliefs) that provided me with that opportunity.
TebogoM
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-baloyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by TebogoM »

I can say my pep talk is that you have to always keep a positive attitude at all times.
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

I really loved donny's perspective towards the world and be happy with everything and hope that I also do the same. Not to complain or anything just be happy and say like him - Today is the best day of my life. Although, I have one of mine which is - I'm thankful for the day I got, and let's make it memorable one!
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Carly Sprout
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

FunkyFlowerLady wrote: 01 May 2023, 06:38 I don't have a particular mantra, but my pep talk to myself is usually about being patient with whatever I'm dealing with. I believe that all good things come to those who wait. What is yours, Hazel?
I often wonder though if there is such a thing as being too patient with myself. There is a Joan Didion quote, "t is distinctly possible to stay too long at the Fair". I worry about that, stagnation. How I keep delaying important tasks or decisions under the guise of waiting for the 'perfect time'. Progress and growth often require taking calculated risks and moving forward, even if the conditions aren't ideal.
That said, I have been trying out a new morning mantra, "Just start, you can do this. Just start."
Any thoughts?
PanwarP
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-panwarp.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by PanwarP »

The mantra I follow in my daily life is that what you do to others will eventually come back one day.
Angie Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1083
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

I don't necessarily have a daily pep talk, but I have struggled with low self-esteem and confidence from time to time. In those moments when I need encouragement, my favorite mantra comes from the Bible. "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
When the pressure is off of me, I find that Jesus does give me the strength that I need. Whether I am facing a difficult job situation or relationship struggle, He always shows up to help.
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

Focus on the step in front of you, not the whole staircase. Thats how I get through each day.
Malthide Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malthide-jones.html
Latest Review: that was then by bob turner

Post by Malthide Jones »

My mantra is to always keep going. Small steps go a long way in anything we do. I justvtry to get by and work hard.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 314
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Anxiety and Depression by Lillyin Love

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I don't have a particular mantra like Donny (and his is just perfect!), but I always like to start the day by feeling generally thankful for God's blessings.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”