What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Re: What is your pep talk or mantra every day just like Donny?

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Dennis Kiage wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 18:33 There's no smaller good. Every act of kindness, no matter how little it may be, is as big as any other. It's better than not doing anything anyway.
Alright! A small act of kindness can change into greater things. Thank you for sharing, Dennis! The world would be better if all people do such kindness.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Agbata Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

I always remind myself that I am the best version of myself. Therefore I think big and do not let the ups Nd downs in life retard my life expectations or self-esteem
Caroline Anne Richmond
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

I'm not sure if I have a mantra as such but I do like to remind myself to be grateful for everything I have. I also like to try and tell myself tough times will pass, and try and find something happy on every day.
Rosandra Hosein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

I've been struggling with some personal challenges lately, finding it difficult to muster the motivation to get out of bed and face the day. However, despite how I may feel, I've adopted a simple morning mantra: 'Just try.' It's my gentle reminder that I don't have to strive for perfection; all I need to do is give my best effort today.
Rosandra Hosein
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I can't say I have a specific mantra or pep talk but I do remind myself to put my best foot forward and not let any negativity get me down. Even if I fail in something I can always do it again or do something else to make up.
Real courage is when you know you are licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what! (To kill a Mockingbird - Atticus Finch) Harper Lee.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I don't have a specific or special mantra
But, I know within me that with the dawn of a new day is another opportunity to try again.
Ava Marie Williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ava-marie-williams.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Ava Marie Williams »

Not everyday, but every once in a while, I go "Today is a new opportunity for growth and success. I embrace each moment with enthusiasm and determination. I am capable, resilient, and ready to overcome any challenges that come my way. I choose to approach this day with a positive mindset, making the most of every opportunity that comes my way. I am grateful for the possibilities that lie ahead, and I will make today the best day it can be."
Michael Valentine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

I try to remind myself in every situation that "I will be fine." This was something I learned from a friend and it allows me to patiently seek solutions to my issues instead of breaking down and worrying that they may turn out to be extremely bad.
Jessica Cole 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-cole-3.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Jessica Cole 3 »

I don't have a morning mantra, but I did affirmations daily a few years ago to help me gain confidence in certain areas of my life. Now that I have the confidence through experiences, I no longer feel that I need the daily affirmations. Highly recommend doing this for anyone who needs a confidence boost. One of mine was "you deserve everything you ask for". With an affirmation like that, how could I not accomplish my goals?
Helen Akoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

I don't particularly have a daily mantra, but usually before I sleep, I take my time to visualize how my next day would be, always trying to make it better than the previous day. Anyway, I liked Donny's positivity and mantra.
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

Whenever I come across any difficult task, I always tell myself that I can accomplish it. When I say this and put my mind towards achieving it, I always tend to achieve them. So my mantra every morning is "I can do it".
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

I always tell myself every day that I can do anything which I set my mind to do. Whenever I am faced with a difficult challenge I always remind myself that nothing is difficult for me to do.
Selena Romero 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selena-r-romero.html
Latest Review: Prince Gideon by Gary Caplan

Post by Selena Romero 1 »

Every morning I tell myself Good Morning and Win Today. It's my positive way of wishing myself a successful day ahead and a daily reminder that I am a winner and will always be. I never considered it a mantra anyway but I like Donny's mantra too. We should make the best of everyday! There is so much a day has to offer and we should be prepared for it.
Catherine Radford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-radford.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Catherine Radford »

Maybe it’s something I should do more often but if the day feels overwhelming I’ll take a minute to stop and plan what needs to be done and when.
Christine Palmer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-palmer.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Christine Palmer »

I am taking notes from these discussions. I don't yet have a daily mantra practice, but some of your suggestions would be a great base to start one.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”