Share your Zoo or animal story

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Rosandra Hosein
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Re: Share your Zoo or animal story

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

Visiting the zoo has always held a special place in my heart. However, there was one incident that left a lasting impression on me and instilled a slight phobia related to monkeys. During a visit with my elder brother, we found ourselves near the monkeys in their enclosures. The sign nearby clearly warned visitors against feeding or teasing them. Unfortunately, there was an individual who disregarded the guidelines and decided to provoke one of the monkeys. Initially, the monkey seemed unaffected by the man's antics, but as the provocation continued, the situation took an unexpected turn. In an act of defiance, the monkey retaliated by flinging its excrement at the troublemaker. What started as a moment of foolishness soon escalated into a chaotic scene, with the monkey hurling its feces at anyone near its enclosure. Needless to say, this incident left a lasting impact on me. While it may seem comical in hindsight, it triggered a sense of unease whenever I found myself near monkey enclosures at the zoo.
Rosandra Hosein
Diana-Wilson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-wilson.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Diana-Wilson »

Once, my friend and I were walking at the zoo, and we stopped by the elephant cage. As we were videoing it eating, it turned it's bottom towards us and let out a long fart! We laughed so hard and it got pretty stinky!
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Interesting!! I also visited a Zoo while I was in primary school. It was an excursion and I was thrilled to see animals like Lion, Reptiles, Monkey and Gorilla. I remembered we were told to throw doughnuts to the Gorillas and it was a beautiful scene to behold.
Ava Marie Williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ava-marie-williams.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Ava Marie Williams »

Oh, I've got a great animal story to share! Picture this: I'm chilling on a bench in the countryside, when out of nowhere, this super cute squirrel comes up to me. 🐿️ It's like we had an instant connection!

I decide to offer it a piece of my granola bar, thinking it might just run away. But guess what? The little adventurer hops right up to me and snatches it from my hand! I couldn't believe my eyes. 😮
And then it ran off. I always return back to that bench but i've not seen it since
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

So sad I have never been to the zoo but I have an annoying animal story. I got chased by a dog after I ran on seeing the dog. The dog eventually but and I was still blamed till to day.
Samantha Barnes 3
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-barnes-3.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Samantha Barnes 3 »

When I was a lot younger, my parents took me to the petting zoo. It was so much fun to pet the deer and goats, but when the employees gave me cups of treats for the animals, I got swarmed.
Catherine Radford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-radford.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Catherine Radford »

Our local zoo does animal experiences - I’ve been lucky enough to feed penguins. It was an amazing experience and one I’ll never forget.
Fred Newman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fred-newman.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fred Newman »

I am always scared I always stay so far from the cage. But I enjoyed spending time with the Ostrich. It was really an awesome moment.
Christine Palmer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-palmer.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Christine Palmer »

I love taking my young children to the zoo. Their innocent reactions and complete fascination are a joy to watch. This last trip it was the meerkats that captured their attention. The loved the way the animals stand on their hind legs and look around.
Storm+
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future by Martha R. Bireda

Post by Storm+ »

Every time I go to the zoo with my family, we make sure to go to the penguin exhibit. Not only are penguins my favorite animal at our local zoo, but they are also one of the animals that are loved by the entire family. Watching them swim and play always encourages us to be more active, and we usually end up at the zoo playground. It is always an amazing bonding experience, and we love the memories made.
TebogoM
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-baloyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by TebogoM »

The is is this place in rural areas that I visited in South Africa name of the province is northern cape at night monkeys come into our area to take our vegetables and chickens but they can't take the chickens because they fly.
Zippy Kerubo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zippy-kerubo.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Zippy Kerubo »

I can't remember the last time I went to the zoo but we always liked the lion and it's myth stories which are of legendery sorts.. We all admired this animal, even now we do
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

The best moment was when we got the chance to feed an orphaned baby elephant. It was really young and barely ate solid food. There was a huge crowd in front of its enclosure. But the young animal was quite smart. It never reacted badly to the loud cheers. It was the first time that I saw a baby elephant face-to-face.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

I worked as a part-time facilitator for outdoor educational trips during my college years. I was assigned to accompany elementary school students to a historical cave site on one of the outings. A goat gave birth at the entrance to one of the caves, which my group observed. It was a domestic goat, most likely owned by nearby residents. We missed out on the adventure by not going inside the cave because of the incident. It was, however, replaced by the wonderful and unusual experience of witnessing an animal give birth in the wild, particularly for city kids who have had limited exposure to animal life.
Nganyi Humphrey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nganyi-humphrey.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Nganyi Humphrey »

I have had a wonderful experience at the zoo although it was some time when I was still in school. I loved the many snakes I saw and other wild animals including but not limited to the king of the jungle, zebras. giraffes and buffalos. I loved and enjoyed the experience.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”