Share your Zoo or animal story

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Share your Zoo or animal story

Post by Kavita Shah »

In the book, we read that Donny and Mary Grace, with their parents, visit the zoo and see various animals, walk the penguin walk, and have lots of fun. You also would have read about the special penguin, who sadly passed away recently.

Have you had any special zoo or animal stories of your own?

There was this one time I went to a national park with my family. We saw deer eating leaves given to them by other people. So me and my siblings searched for food in our bags, but the only thing edible were some lemons. As we humans feel that lemons are sour, we did not wish to give them to the deer. But my brother tried, and lo. :shock: The deer ate it as if it were chocolate. No funny face. We ended up giving the deer and his friends all the lemons.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

That was awesome! I also thought that deer will not eat sour food. I wish I can go to the zoo as well but unfortunately, it's so far from here. I am just enjoying my little rabbit these days, feeding her.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: โ†‘07 May 2023, 03:15 That was awesome! I also thought that deer will not eat sour food. I wish I can go to the zoo as well but unfortunately, it's so far from here. I am just enjoying my little rabbit these days, feeding her.
Say Hi to them from me. Deer ear what deer feels, I think๐ŸฆŒ. Do bunnies๐Ÿ‡ eat carrot ๐Ÿฅ•or they have special packed food like cats and dogs have?
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love to see deer. Their innocence is so cute. Once I watch a youtube video, and the deer was coming out behind the harp musician, it was so lovely.

Bunnies eat carrots but she also eats kang kong and "napper grass", and we also feed her "rabbit feeds food." Unfortunately, only Atera left, Sandro escaped and was eaten by the bad dogs. It's so sad.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

I once saw a two head goat. It was unreal. But she died poor her.
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: โ†‘07 May 2023, 06:09 I love to see deer. Their innocence is so cute. Once I watch a youtube video, and the deer was coming out behind the harp musician, it was so lovely.

Bunnies eat carrots but she also eats kang kong and "napper grass", and we also feed her "rabbit feeds food." Unfortunately, only Atera left, Sandro escaped and was eaten by the bad dogs. It's so sad.
Deer walking on the harp tune, sounds like Bambi.
Oh that's so sad. Take care Sandro, eat lots of carrots, kang kong and feed, stay safe.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Salah bourouba wrote: โ†‘07 May 2023, 07:22 I once saw a two head goat. It was unreal. But she died poor her.
Two head goats, really!
If it's true then that is really sad and bad. ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
Eleni Antonopoulou
Currently Reading: Assassin's Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleni-antonopoulou.html
Latest Review: Story, Story by Alicia Marsland

Post by Eleni Antonopoulou »

I always loved the zoo enclosures where animals like lemurs get to walk alongside the visitors! They never miss the chance to get up on your shoulder for a great photo and steal whatever banana or biscuit you're holding!
When you can't beat the odds... Change the game. ๐Ÿ–คโ™•โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
No mourners. No funerals. ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿ—ก๏ธ ๐ŸŽฒ ๐Ÿ’ฃ ๐Ÿฅž ๐Ÿบ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

When I was young, I used to visit my grandparents with my sister. Every time, my grandad took us to a park where there were squirrels who would come to eat from our hands. It was all so new for me (no squirrels were I used to live) and I loved it every single time!
Shally Z
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shally-z.html
Latest Review: Things that bite in the Night by Deborah Tant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shally Z »

A few years ago, while I was visiting Miyajima Island in Japan, I bought an ice cream. Little did I know, there was a deer a few metres behind me and we made eye contact. It chased me all around the beach trying to get a lick. Luckily it wasn't very aggressive but I just wanted to have my ice cream in peace! I still have the blurry pictures on my phone :lol2:
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I do have a lot of fun zoo and animal stories however a lot of them relate to otherโ€™s dealings with animals in the zoo while I was around. Such as when a guy who was close to me almost had his shirt grabbed by a lion while he teased it.
Anil G
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-g.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Anil G »

When I was a kid, I and my family went to a zoo, that was the first and till now the last time I went to the zoo. There I saw a big Snake in yellow and black shades. Alone in a cage, deep down to the ground where we all can see from above only. I was curious why that snake was so down and alone, I thought it was because of humans' safety. What do you all think?
A great author communicates to readers through books. - Anil Gupta
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I forgot to say that my grandad bought me a soft toy of a squirrel and not only I still have it but also is now my little daughterโ€™s toy.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I went to the petting zoo with my wife and daughter. The star atrraction was an alpaca. My daughter loved to feed it, and everytime we took a picture together, the alpaca always tries to kiss my wife. But everytime I came near, it quickly walked the other way. I guees, that alpaca didn't like me that much.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

When I was a child, my dad used to take me to the zoo on weekends. One story I remember was about a cage where, according to my dad, squirrels lived. I could see no squirrels and my dad said that they were hiding in the tree hole in the cage. So I waited and waited and waited, and the squirrels were not coming out! At some point, I got fed up with waiting and decided to leave my vigil but I was only a toddler yet to gain confidence walking on my own, so I tried to grab Dad's hand but he was not there - he stepped away to let others see the cage and to take a photo of me. And once I registered him at what seemed to me a mile away, he got it - me dashing to him looking menacing! On both counts - both the missing squirrels and his missing hand to boot! Still one of my favourite memories and photos. :)

Return to โ€œDiscuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepeโ€