Share your Zoo or animal story

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Angie Fernandez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1082
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Re: Share your Zoo or animal story

Post by Angie Fernandez »

I was one of several chaperones on a field trip to the zoo with my daughter's first-grade class. Our zoo is very large, with wide open spaces for the animals to roam, and you often have to search for the animals in their enclosures. As we approached the giraffe exhibit, I noticed a crowd and soon saw what the excitement was about.
Two giraffes were pro-creating in plain sight, and what a sight it was. As we tried to hurry the students along without too much discussion, I heard one mom proclaim, "Oh, how beautiful!" Then she proceeded to have a sex education class for anyone and everyone within hearing. Needless to say, I answered, "I think you should ask your mom when you get home," to a lot of questions that day.
Jacob Mamman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacob-mamman.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Jacob Mamman »

It was awesome, I got to see animals that I haven't seen outside before. It was a good experience and I didn't get lost like the grandkids 😂
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 314
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Anxiety and Depression by Lillyin Love

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Mine wasn't as cute as the penguins; it was gruesome but also fascinating. It had to do with watching a lion at meal time. We watched a lion having dinner where they put in a goat with him, and while I was sad about the poor goat, it was fascinating watching nature take place: survival of the fittest.
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

That was awesome! I also thought that deer will not eat sour food. I wish I can go to the zoo as well but unfortunately, it's so far from here. I am just enjoying my little rabbit these days, feeding her.

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”