Share your Zoo or animal story

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: Share your Zoo or animal story

Post by Kavita Shah »

Rowan the first wrote: 23 May 2023, 00:39 The thing that really suprised me the first time I visited the zoo were the crocodiles, there is a way they pose when their mouths are open, exposing their teeth but someone may think that they are just man-made statues
Nice observation. They also stay still for a long time, not moving. All the check boxes ticked for appearing like a real statute. ☑
The crocodile might be doing that in hopes of catching a falling prey.

🤸
🐊
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Mellino Itz wrote: 22 May 2023, 09:50 I have never been in a zoo but my first encounter in the wild was at the Old Oyo National park. I saw animals like the Kob, Nile crocodile, duiker, pangolin, Galago and a few interesting animals. It was really fun.
A vivid first memory of seeing animals. I don't know many of the animals you named, but it must have been awesome to watch them.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I don't remember a particular story that has lived in a zoo, but I have always had pets: rabbit, cat, turtle, roosters, chickens, and dogs.

In my university I saw a squirrel, and an owl.

In a square in my city, the squirrels always come to feed them, they are very cute and funny, also very friendly. In the square, they are also often lazy.

At home, I have seen very particular animals such as a brightly colored cricket, a blue crab, and several transparent butterflies (not common in the area).
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Bettny Andrade wrote: 26 May 2023, 21:12 I don't remember a particular story that has lived in a zoo, but I have always had pets: rabbit, cat, turtle, roosters, chickens, and dogs.

In a square in my city, the squirrels always come to feed them, they are very cute and funny, also very friendly. In the square, they are also often lazy.

At home, I have seen very particular animals such as a brightly colored cricket, a blue crab, and several transparent butterflies (not common in the area).
Transparent butterflies, they exist? Awesome. I watched the Tinkerbell movie, it had fairies painting the wings of butterflies. Due to some reason, a few had messy painted wings while some flew away without any paint. Have the real life transparent butterflies missed their painting time?
It might feel like they're surreal.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Kavita Shah wrote: 30 May 2023, 12:13
Bettny Andrade wrote: 26 May 2023, 21:12 I don't remember a particular story that has lived in a zoo, but I have always had pets: rabbit, cat, turtle, roosters, chickens, and dogs.

Transparent butterflies, they exist? Awesome. I watched the Tinkerbell movie, it had fairies painting the wings of butterflies. Due to some reason, a few had messy painted wings while some flew away without any paint. Have the real life transparent butterflies missed their painting time?
It might feel like they're surreal.
Hahahaha they left before they were colored. :lol:
Yes of course it exists, of different kinds, they are beautiful. ♥♥♥
Chimezie Agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimezie-agbata.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Chimezie Agbata »

I have been to an animal orphanage. One of the animals that overwhelmed me was the ostrich it could literarily swallow anything that could enter its mouth.
Alida Spies
Currently Reading: Circle Of Pearls
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: The Time Cave - Spanish Main by Trevor Anderson
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Post by Alida Spies »

I live in South Africa and we have several national parks, which we love to visit. We were sitting at one of the rest camps having a meal when a monkey came and grabbed my mother-in-law's meal out of her plate. She was having a dish covered in tomato and onion sauce and the monkey's hands were subsequently covered in sauce. I shouted at him, he let go of the meal and gave me a whack on the back of my pants. I happened to be wearing white pants that day and ended up walking around with a little monkey hand on my butt for the rest of the day.

Monkeys are actually very destructive and can be quite dangerous as well. Unfortunately, tourists feed them, hence they lose all fear of humans. They eventually have to be put down, as they not only become a nuisance but also get quite aggressive.
Joy Enny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-enny.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Joy Enny »

Animals can truly be amusing. I have seen a chicken that will not eat with the rest of the flock except directly from the feeding bowl held by a human. It's always Interesting how this particular chicken will rather starve than eat with others.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

My first zoo experience started when I was a kid. Our school carried us on an excursion to the zoo, and upon getting there and seeing all types of animals, I felt like I was in a different world. I enjoyed those times and was very happy.
Ivy_Nesty28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

I don't have such a remarkable story to say. Just that whenever I go to a zoo, I always rush to the reptile section. I'm intrigued by snakes and would love to see them. Another one story that I had is that of the butterfly park. I remember going there, waiting to see plenty of butterflies but there was just one or two. That was a disappointing experience for me.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

I love going to the zoo. There was a time I went and I lost a pair of shoe😂 Still have the second pair with me and I'm wondering if anyone found my shoe at the zoo.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Ive not been to the zoo yet. but I remember the re my sister's school took them for an excursion to the zoo. the stories of her encounter with the animals she met there were so exhilarating.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Post by Sam Ibeh »

:lol2: I never got to see a zoo as a kid. However, as an adult, I visited a zoo in one of the cities I lived. Surprisingly, I saw a lion that never roared from the time we came to the time we left. I remember telling my friend that it must be a cross-breeded lion (if there's anything like that :lol2: ).
Caroline Anne Richmond
Currently Reading: The Little Book of Bad Intentions
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-anne-richmond.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Caroline Anne Richmond »

I wouldn't have imagined deer eating lemons, but it seems like they find it a delicacy.
As an adult I was lucky enough to visit India and go on a safari to hopefully see wild tigers. On this day not only was I lucky to witness a tiger in the wild, she also ran at the jeep while thes driver struggled to start the engine. An awesome and terrifying experience all in one.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Dalia Chf »

My most cherished zoo memory was the one in Zoo Negara where I saw the most amazing white tiger. It was so majestic I can’t even begin to describe how it made me feel.
Also bonus points for the obese alligator that was just chilling by the pond. I wish I knew how to upload images just to show you guys!

Return to “Discuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe”