Do you have a special collection?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2023 Book of the Month, "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551491

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Do you have a special collection?

Post by Kavita Shah »

Like Donny has his marble collection with a recent lucky no 8 marble, does anyone have special collections.
It can be post-cards, pictures, newspaper cut-outs, music, anything that you collect.

I like to write quotes when I see any good ones, so collecting quotes is my collection.
Eleni Antonopoulou
Currently Reading: Assassin's Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eleni-antonopoulou.html
Latest Review: Story, Story by Alicia Marsland

Post by Eleni Antonopoulou »

I always failed to keep a proper collection. I've tried many things, from postcards to stickers to flower petals, and always abandoned each one sooner or later. Right now, I believe that collecting photos is my collection. Collecting memories :romance-heart:
When you can't beat the odds... Change the game. ๐Ÿ–คโ™•โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
No mourners. No funerals. ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿ—ก๏ธ ๐ŸŽฒ ๐Ÿ’ฃ ๐Ÿฅž ๐Ÿบ
โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €โ €
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I have so many collections. One I love is that I used to buy a shoot glass in every city I visited. Now when I look at them they bring me back plenty of memories!
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I have two collections. As a retired nurse, I collect nursing figurines. I also collect lighthouses. I love pictures of lighthouses, so I started collecting different ones I would run across in various stores, and my daughter always brings me a lighthouse when she goes on vacation anywhere near the ocean!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Eleni Antonopoulou wrote: โ†‘07 May 2023, 14:17 I always failed to keep a proper collection. I've tried many things, from postcards to stickers to flower petals, and always abandoned each one sooner or later. Right now, I believe that collecting photos is my collection. Collecting memories :romance-heart:
I think you have the unique collection of unfinished collections. Count me in on the picture collections. I love to click food pics and various places or artsy objects images.
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Carlos Mata Saenz wrote: โ†‘07 May 2023, 18:50 I have so many collections. One I love is that I used to buy a shoot glass in every city I visited. Now when I look at them they bring me back plenty of memories!
That's great Carlos. Souvenirs to remember where you went last time and how much fun it was.(/^โ–ฝ^)/
Kavita Shah
Currently Reading:

Post by Kavita Shah »

Brenda Creech wrote: โ†‘08 May 2023, 00:05 I have two collections. As a retired nurse, I collect nursing figurines. I also collect lighthouses. I love pictures of lighthouses, so I started collecting different ones I would run across in various stores, and my daughter always brings me a lighthouse when she goes on vacation anywhere near the ocean!
Wow, that's some nice collections Brenda. Nursing figurines and lighthouse pics. ๐Ÿ“ธ Dedication to your collection โ€” Good job!
Your daughter sounds like a wonderful person. She bring back a lighthouse because she knows you like them.๏ผˆโŒ’โ–ฝโŒ’๏ผ‰
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I really canโ€™t say that I have a special collection as I am not a big fan of picking and keeping different collectibles and I normally prefer for my room to be as empty and spacious as possible.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

Kavita Shah wrote: โ†‘08 May 2023, 01:41
Carlos Mata Saenz wrote: โ†‘07 May 2023, 18:50 I have so many collections. One I love is that I used to buy a shoot glass in every city I visited. Now when I look at them they bring me back plenty of memories!
That's great Carlos. Souvenirs to remember where you went last time and how much fun it was.(/^โ–ฝ^)/
Thanks! Yes, in fact after I started it my parents started to do the same with fridge magnets.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 260
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

I collect trading card games. I have few card albums filled with card from movies, comics, and games. I also collect action figures, although not much.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I have a few collections. Post cards from anyone I can get who travels to bring me post cards. I even offer to pay for some. Lol!!
I also collect turtle figurines, of all kinds, because I have a turtle rescue at my house. Iโ€™ve had as many as 19 rescued turtles before. Right now I have 6. They have been here almost 31 years.
My other collection is journals and notebooks. Plus specific pens for each one.
Also loooove all types of Christmas nutcrackers. The men type ones.
Shally Z
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shally-z.html
Latest Review: Things that bite in the Night by Deborah Tant
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Shally Z »

I love to collect things as well, mainly stamps and coins. I only have a small collection but I like to keep a few coins and stamps from the places I have been to as well
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Hmm...does a book collection count? Haha, I have a ton of books. Some I've read, some I've been meaning to read, and some that I don't actually know I'll read. It's so strange because even though I have several books that I can read, I keep asking for more for my birthdays and Christmas. :lol:
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a motherโ€™s love, and nothing as healing as a childโ€™s soul." โ€“ Unknown
Olivia Bird Whitworth
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-bird-whitworth.html
Latest Review: This May Be Difficult to Read by Claire Rubman

Post by Olivia Bird Whitworth »

I buy a keychain whenever I visit somewhere new. I spent some time in Brazil, and those are my favorite ones because of the memories they bring. I went on a trip to Europe out of high school and that's when I decided to start it, so those are my first ones. Now my husband adds to it with me.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

Heidi M Simone wrote: โ†‘09 May 2023, 14:39 Hmm...does a book collection count? Haha, I have a ton of books. Some I've read, some I've been meaning to read, and some that I don't actually know I'll read. It's so strange because even though I have several books that I can read, I keep asking for more for my birthdays and Christmas. :lol:
I think I am game on this one too. My book collection started as paperbacks of my favourite authors, all they wrote. Now it has migrated to Kindle and Audible - otherwise I probably would have no space left around with all those books :). I usually collect books by my favourite authors, and those books that fall short of that I release back after borrowing. And if I really like a book, I buy it after reading, to keep.

Return to โ€œDiscuss"Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepeโ€